Author Topic: in between census  (Read 1239 times)

Offline jolby

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: in between census
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 10 March 18 09:22 GMT (UK) »
thanks for the replies, I have eliza in 1911 as a widow living with her daughter Florence (my line) and the children 2 I cant find as they are a edith and William g jones equally as hard. yes that's the family in 1891.
I will have a look through the newspapers, I have had a little look but the ones on find my past.
I cant find a death for eliza either, im waiting for the 1921 census to narrow her down :(

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 10 March 18 16:03 GMT (UK) »
The 1911 image looks right. Florence's marriage (19 April 1899) is on FindMyPast, when her father is a Mason.
There are a couple of burials in the Cardiff area which might fit.
1906 St. Mary's Cardiff:
William Jones, Seamen's Hospital Cardiff, April 14, 50
1909 St. Mary's Cardiff:
William Jones, The Royal Seamen's Hospital, Nov 23, 56

The other Williams of around the right age seem to be in the Swansea area, and all appear to be in Workhouses. The one with the best fit for age was only just after the census, so seems particularly unlikely.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline jolby

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 10 March 18 19:10 GMT (UK) »
that's brill thank you, I will follow those two up, can I ask where you got the information on the burials? its probably staring me in the face.

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 11 March 18 01:01 GMT (UK) »
They are on FindMyPast, which has a lot of Welsh records.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline jolby

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 11 March 18 09:25 GMT (UK) »
thank you, yes was staring me in the face . I hadn't realised they had burial records so now im busy find some of my others, I have some at LLANDAFF CATHEDRAL . I can feel a trip coming on.
thank you