Author Topic: Let me get one thing straight. You don't care about the people in your tree?  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Intevel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
From what I've gathered here is that people don't really wanna get to know their relatives that they find. They just wanna learn about their ancestry and the overall history of their family. They wanna learn about people who have passed on many ages ago. And if their 2nd cousin has any stories, they'll add that to it.

But you don't really look at them as people that you wanna become friendly with and develop a relationship. Honestly, I would feel weirded out if I was approached by a distant cousin who had no interest in me other than wanting to interview me for his own personal joy and curiosity.

Maybe I came to the wrong place? I am interested in my family history too, but I find it so odd that people want to know their ancestors, but have no interest in finding 2nd or 3rd cousins and trying to develop a relationship.

I'm not saying you're bad people. Just wondering what in the world is wrong with you.

Offline Flattybasher9

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Manners cost nothing, and are worth the effort.
    • View Profile
Re: Let me get one thing straight. You don't care about the people in your tree?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 March 18 09:24 GMT (UK) »
There's nowt queer as folk.
Just look at you.
10 posts and how many members have you riled already.
Your cousin took the proverbial urine out of you.
So why vent your displeasure out on RootsChat.

You will go far in life with that attitude to others.

Malky

Offline Intevel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Let me get one thing straight. You don't care about the people in your tree?
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 March 18 09:31 GMT (UK) »
There's nowt queer as folk.
Just look at you.
10 posts and how many members have you riled already.
Your cousin took the proverbial urine out of you.
So why vent your displeasure out on RootsChat.

You will go far in life with that attitude to others.

Malky

Yes I'm venting a bit. But one thing in life I don't understand is why members on forums get so upset at someone who posts a little bit more than others, or makes an extra thread. I don't understand why that upsets them so much. You don't know me. I don't know you. So sorry for interrupting your precious day....

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 09 March 18 09:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Intevel

Welcome to the Rootschat fourm.

Maybe you've missed the point about Rootschat?

We are primarily here looking for information about our ancestors, not reconnecting with missing family and friends.

There are other forums much more suited to those activities.

Please take a few moments to read our help pages.

http://www.rootschat.com/help/intro.php

RootsChat is an easy to use messaging forum for everyone researching their family history

You won't be banned (as suggested on your other posts) just because you have started 3 topics on a similar vein.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=789457.0

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=789456.0

What will happen though is that you will be 'noticed' by the moderation team and be subjected to replies from chatters which do not agree with you points of view.

To prevent further replies which are not in the 'spirit of Rootschat', I'm locking this topic.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea