Author Topic: William Mossman, b.1743 Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland  (Read 404 times)

Offline thebogtrotter

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Mossman, b.1743 Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland
« on: Sunday 11 March 18 17:10 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone help me get some information on my 4th great-grandfather, William Mossman, born 24 Jan 1743? I have been stuck on this for years and have often wondered if there was a connection to James Mossman, executed in 1573. Thank you all in advance.
Kind Regards,
Dwight Mossman

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: William Mossman, b.1743 Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 March 18 20:45 GMT (UK) »
Start with this post

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=450931.msg5753798#msg5753798

There is quite a bit on James Mossman published, how accurate it is I cannot say.  Try a Google search which should lead you to these books.  One thread I read suggested that after his execution his wife and children left Scotland.

Don

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.