Author Topic: Im confused, female buried with 1st husband and 1st married name  (Read 1234 times)

Offline warpo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Im confused, female buried with 1st husband and 1st married name
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 13 March 18 00:48 GMT (UK) »
Were there any children from the first marriage? any from Ada's second marriage? was her 2nd husband married previously?

There were definitely no births from the first marriage and I cant see any from her 2nd either.

It states on her 2nd marriage record that she was a widow and he was a bachelor, so this would be his first marriage and I presume unless out of wedlock there were no children at all.
Hides; Wilmore; Whitney; Laughton; Lambley; Bampton; Cox; Kirk; Major; Heathorn; Bailiss

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 13 March 18 22:56 GMT (UK) »
I called a neighbor who remembers her from church and from around the village. 
She was in her late teens at the time but said she had no children and she was buried with the love of her life. According to her she laid flowers on his grave for his birthday and their anniversary and would spend time at his graveside after church.  When I hear this from someone who knew her; albeit many years her junior I think you are reading more into a second marriage, I'd simply call it survival.

Don (the photo guy)
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline warpo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 13 March 18 23:15 GMT (UK) »
Wow Don, thank you so much, that was really unexpected and pleasant information. Kind of slammed into my face the fact these were genuine people and not just names on a record.

From how the movements and timelines suggest, this couple grew up together in Lincolnshire. Brownlow emmigrated to Walpole for work. Around 8-10 years later he went back to Lincolnshire for his childhood sweetheart and took her back to his new residence in Jarvis where they got married. Tragically his life got cut short in the railway accident which naturally broke her heart. Trying to survive certainly makes a whole lot of sence.

I have tried several times emailing St Pauls Church and the Jarvis library with never a reply. So I think i'll give up.

Brownlow was the Sexton at St Paul's Church for the final seven years of his life. He was well known and well like. I was told (cannot remember by whom) there was a monument inside the church with a picture of Brownlow, but as I said, I received no reply.

At least thanks to you Don, I have a picture of the monument and its inscription of this wonderful couple.

Thank you so much, I really am grateful.
Warpo
Hides; Wilmore; Whitney; Laughton; Lambley; Bampton; Cox; Kirk; Major; Heathorn; Bailiss

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 14 March 18 02:18 GMT (UK) »
I see the Minister of St. Paul's from time to time at the coffee shop and will ask him if they have any old photos from the 40's or 50's that might have her in it and if they do I will get you a copy.  I will also stop by the library and see if they have anything as well.  If there is something specific you are looking for send me a PM.   

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.