Author Topic: Trying to contact members - Potts and Sandland families from Crewe and Nantwich  (Read 1063 times)

Offline potty5

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dear forum members, in June this year I am going over to France to visit the graves of my two great uncles who were killed in the Great War - exactly 100 years after their deaths. I intend to leave a small book on each grave about their lives and service history. Their names are Alfred Potts from Shavington (then Crewe) and Robert Sandland from Nantwich. I have one photo of Robert, but none of Alfred. I know it is a very small chance, but if any distant relatives have any old family photos of either Alfred or Robert, or have any information about them, can you please get in touch. I have also been trying to locate Robert's diary which has sadly disappeared after it was passed on after his brother Alf died a few years ago. Any info on that will be gratefully received. Very best wishes, Mark Potts.

Offline NigelYoungUK

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello Mark. I hope your trip went well. I talked to my mother earlier in the year about celebrating/remembering one hundred years since Roberts death, but didn't do anything. I did take Uncle Alf to visit Roberts grave in 1998, very emotional. I have no memorabilia from Uncle Alf. My only knowledge his son Colin, who died before Uncle Alf, has two children, can only now remember the daughter Debora Anderson nee Sandland who lives Stonely a Green way. Did you attend NAGS, mid '70s?

Regards

Nigel Young