Author Topic: Leticia Hamilton [centre] & her sisters from County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland.  (Read 4095 times)

Offline bigbazza

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi,
Can anyone help me to date this photograph and suggest the ages of the ladies in the picture?
Many thanks,
Baz.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Leticia Hamilton [centre] & her sisters from County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 15 March 18 11:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Baz...Long time no see...Rough guess at 14, 12 & 16 possibly 1930s/40s
I gave them a clean for you.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Leticia Hamilton [centre] & her sisters from County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland.
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 15 March 18 11:26 GMT (UK) »
Nice tidy there, Carol  :)

I'd think mid 1930s and ages approx the same as Carol gave.  When was Leticia born?

Gadget

(I've had a quick look in the Irish records but can't find  birth reg)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 15 March 18 17:43 GMT (UK) »
Was Letitia born in 1911, MMN Sproule?

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1912/01502/1609920.pdf  #336

Kiltaglassan

I saw that earlier but thought it wasn't the right location  :-\

Added - Tyrone not Fermanagh - maybe they moved.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 15 March 18 18:01 GMT (UK) »
There are no online indexes for Northern Ireland births after 1921 so if age and date estimates are in the right period then it's likely you won't find her birth indexed online (Family Search has most recent ones up to 1921 while other sites such as GRONI and Irish Genealogy only show those more than 100 years old).
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline bigbazza

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 15 March 18 18:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol & Gadget,
Thank's for cleaning the photo Carol. Brilliant work as usual.
This photo was sent to my grandfather many decades ago and I have often pondered over it, wondering who the girls were, until last month!
I made contact with a second cousin in Northern Ireland who told me that Leticia Hamilton, her grandmother was the girl in the middle of the picture.  She also told me that her mother was born in 1924. Therefore, I was hoping that the photo was dated in the early 1920's and that the girls looked like they were in their late teens.
My cousin couldn't provide any information on dates but did say that Leticia married James Martin and that her mother's name was Leticia Martin who died in 2015 age 91.
Tragically, the other girls in the picture died in their twenties, both having married.  Their husbands names were, Noble and Robb.
I have searched the Irish records but without success.  all the best, Baz.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 15 March 18 18:32 GMT (UK) »
The marriages for the girls might be online- GRONI have index of N.I. marriages in their database over 75 years old (c March 1943). I took a quick look 1937-1943 but couldn't see any Hamilton marriages with spouse Noble or Robb.

https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 15 March 18 21:09 GMT (UK) »
If it's who you think it is, they would be available online, so very strange that they're not.

Is there anyone else that they could be, Bazza? Do you know who sent it to your  grandfather?

Gadget