Author Topic: Looking for an 1893 marraige record Samuel Kennedy from tyrone , ireland  (Read 923 times)

Offline Johnsderry

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for an 1893 marraige record Samuel Kennedy from tyrone , ireland
« on: Wednesday 14 March 18 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi there

I am looking for a marriage record for Samuel Kennedy and Mary McIvor both from county tyrone , Ireland.

On the 1901 mary is living with her son William in billy lanes limavady , county derry.
On the 1911 census - mary and Samuel and their son William are living in the six towns county derry.

Both Samuel and mary were "Hawkers". William was born in 1896 in cookstown county tyrone.

On the 1911 census it states that they are married 18 years but I cannot find any record for this.

I believe it was a mixed marriage - samuel being church of ireland protestant and mary (who also spoke irish ) being catholic. in the 1901 census mary and william are catholic however when samuel is in the house in 1911 they are all church of ireland.

Can somebody please help me find a marraige record for these as it will help me get back a generation?

((if it is any help - samuel enlisted in the army in 1914 they were living in cleggan? near carrickmore county tyrone - but he was unfit and discharged -))

Thanks in advance!!!

John

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for an 1893 marraige record Samuel Kennedy from tyrone , ireland
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 March 18 20:33 GMT (UK) »
Not registered...

C Reg  Marriage results for Samuel Kennedy from 1890 to 1895

Displaying results 1 - 12 of 12. http://www.rootschat.com/links/01lr2/
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Cwellan CoDown

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
McClean, Kelly, Murray, Higgins, McAnulty (McNulty, Conalty, Kinolty), Morgan, Rafferty, McPolin (All Co Down, Ireland) Bowman, Hooper(Yorkshire)