Author Topic: Parents of John Coleman born 1803/04 probably Sussex  (Read 991 times)

Offline Coleman+8

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parents of John Coleman born 1803/04 probably Sussex
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 15 March 18 21:32 GMT (UK) »
However, what has happened to John in all this? Seems the Coleman clan uprooted and set out on the Coromandel. I’ll have to try and see the shipping lists. I saw one of the Coromandel to South Australia but they weren’t on that list. My records say that there was a Mary born onboard.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 16 March 18 05:41 GMT (UK) »
If you have access to Anc. there is a good Tree on there for the Family.

Sorry I have posted all I could find with free sites on the net.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Coleman+8

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 16 March 18 05:56 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Trish. Will resort to the paid sites if I have to. Doing ok at the moment. Thanks for the help.

Offline mareeab

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 08 August 22 02:17 BST (UK) »
Hi. I have done some work on Coleman re the deceased brother Samuel on the Coromandel in 1838. It seems John arrived with family on Augusta Jessie in Oct 1837. No decent shipping record has survived that states parent names. I have sighted the 1887 death cert for John. It has one major issue...the informant son John has named his parents, John and Harriet as the parents of John Coleman snr. Makes it difficult to determine if the 1887 deceased John is the John Coleman whose parents were Samuel and Mary and is who I am looking for. I think he is but with such bad info on death cert makes it impossible to prove.