Author Topic: OFFER - Lancashire Records Office  (Read 7752 times)

Offline Northern Gen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: OFFER - Lancashire Records Office
« Reply #18 on: Monday 26 March 18 17:34 BST (UK) »
Thank you in advance DiLambo, that would be much appreciated. Hopefully it’ll help me get a bit further with this branch of my family tree!

Offline DiLambo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
James Sanders of Torver
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 04 April 18 17:17 BST (UK) »
Hi there, good news - I have been to Lancashire RO today and found some names for you. I have started to transcribe the will but ran out of time, however most of it is there and definitely his family are named.

If you PM me and send your email address I will email the document containing the names. If you would like the rest I will finish it next time I go; ran out of time today sorry.

The Will is dated 8 Feb 1849 and it would appear James died 27 Dec 1850. The will was proved 13 May 1851

Regards
Di

Offline Northern Gen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 04 April 18 19:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Di,

I’ve PM’d you. Looking forward to seeing what you’ve found!

Thank you :)
Northern Gen

Offline gowjani

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 12 May 18 21:36 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your kind offer. If possible could you give me information on the following person:-
Alexander Ross b 28 Jul 1883, Dallas, Morayshire, Scotland.
died 11 Jan 1945, Castleton, Rochdale, Lancashire, England.
Married to Catherine Caskie, 12 Jul 1918, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland.
I`m not sure what info is given on English death certs. If you can provide place & cause of death etc that would be great.
Many thanks, Graham.
Caskie / Caskey in Ireland
Allan in Ayrshire , Scotland
Gowans in Fife , Scotland
Ross in Morayshire , Scotland

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 12 May 18 22:43 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your kind offer. If possible could you give me information on the following person:-
Alexander Ross b 28 Jul 1883, Dallas, Morayshire, Scotland.
died 11 Jan 1945, Castleton, Rochdale, Lancashire, England.
Married to Catherine Caskie, 12 Jul 1918, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland.
I`m not sure what info is given on English death certs. If you can provide place & cause of death etc that would be great.
Many thanks, Graham.

You will need to purchase the death certificate to get the place and cause of death, the information is not available anywhere else.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gowjani

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 13 May 18 12:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the reply. In Scotland you can visit the local Register Office & do a Family Search in which you can view the details of death etc. I thought it might be the same system in England. Obviously not. Many thanks, Graham.
Caskie / Caskey in Ireland
Allan in Ayrshire , Scotland
Gowans in Fife , Scotland
Ross in Morayshire , Scotland

Offline DiLambo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 13 May 18 16:26 BST (UK) »
Yes, sorry Graham you will need the death certificate. If there is anything further from Lancashire I will be happy to take a look for you.  Di

Offline DiLambo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 13 May 18 16:33 BST (UK) »
Hi - I am trying to find out what happened to Robert C Alsop, born in Liverpool on 28 December 1943.  His sister last saw him when he joined the army in around 1959.  His father was Robert Alsop, (who changed his name to Paul Ducroq & went off to Australia) and his mother was Edna May Worrall.  They were married in Q1 of 1943, we think, possibly in Worcestershire.  So far the only thing I have managed to  unearth about Robert C Alsop is the registration of his birth, (Liverpool South, Q1, 1943), but he appears to disappear after joining the army.  We are assuming he has passed away, although can find nothing to prove or disprove that.  Any help would be great.

Hi Lesley, I will try and find some info for you but am away fro the next couple of weeks but will be back in touch. Di

Offline goldie61

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 13 May 18 22:17 BST (UK) »

Hi - I am trying to find out what happened to Robert C Alsop, born in Liverpool on 28 December 1943.  His sister last saw him when he joined the army in around 1959.  His father was Robert Alsop, (who changed his name to Paul Ducroq & went off to Australia) and his mother was Edna May Worrall.  They were married in Q1 of 1943, we think, possibly in Worcestershire.  So far the only thing I have managed to  unearth about Robert C Alsop is the registration of his birth, (Liverpool South, Q1, 1943), but he appears to disappear after joining the army.  We are assuming he has passed away, although can find nothing to prove or disprove that.  Any help would be great.

As this is more of a general enquiry for any information about Robert Alsop and what happened to him, rather than a specific look up for, say, a marriage or a death on a particular date, it might be worth re-posting your enquiry on 'The Common Room' board here on Rootschat. That way, many more people will see it rather than those just looking on the Lancashire board, and there may be somebody who knows, or can find out, something.
Just an idea.
Good luck!
Lane, Burgess: Cheshire. Finney, Rogers, Gilman:Derbys
Cochran, Nicol, Paton, Bruce:Scotland. Bertolle:London
Bainbridge, Christman, Jeffs: Staffs