Author Topic: Tunbridge Wells branch of the Womens International League of Peace and Freedom  (Read 10687 times)

Online emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tunbridge Wells branch of the Womens International League of Peace and Freedom
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 15 March 18 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Edward H Marsh married Henrietta S Pannier in Chelsea 1921 so that rules out him being the husband of Mrs E H Marsh who was alive in the 1930s - unless of course they divorced.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Tunbridge Wells branch of the Womens International League of Peace and Freedom
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 15 March 18 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Edward H Marsh married Henrietta S Pannier in Chelsea 1921 so that rules out him being the husband of Mrs E H Marsh who was alive in the 1930s - unless of course they divorced.

Emeltom

Mrs E H Marsh could be Mrs Edward H Marsh Please see reply #6

Mrs was most often used by a woman when married, in conjunction with her husband's first and last names (e.g., Mrs John Smith).

JJ

Online emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 15 March 18 20:55 GMT (UK) »
Yes I am aware that she could be using her husband's intials but the Edward H Marsh in 1939 married wife Henrietta in the 1920s . I'm basically trying to say that we can rule that particular Edward H Marsh out of the equation.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 16 March 18 08:53 GMT (UK) »
Yes I am aware that she could be using her husband's intials but the Edward H Marsh in 1939 married wife Henrietta in the 1920s . I'm basically trying to say that we can rule that particular Edward H Marsh out of the equation.

Emeltom

Not quite sure of your logic in ruling out Edward H Marsh as the address fits with the meeting from the 1930's. Equally it would appear that the 'Marsh' death reported to have died at 10 Calverley Park Gardens  sometime between 1931 and 1939 is no longer in the equation.

I'm happy for you to correct me if my findings are incorrect, however it would be useful if you could explain to me the reason behind your thoughts please, as I fail to see what significance the date of Edward and Henrietta's marriage is in relation to this search. Edward H Marsh could still be the husband of Mrs E H Marsh despite her being named Henrietta.

JJ

Online emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 16 March 18 09:20 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, think I was having a senior moment. I'm with you now.

Emeltom

Offline Smokey807

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 16 March 18 10:52 GMT (UK) »
Thank you both for your efforts in responding to my reply.

I agree that Mrs E.H.Marsch is Mrs Edward Harold March (born 1884 died Sept 22,1946 in Tunbridge Wells 10 Culverden Park Road) and that her maiden name was Henrietta or Henriette Stephanie Pannier born March 12,1901. Henriette died January 20,1981 in Tunbridge Wells at 10 Culverden Park Road. As you noted "Henrietta" married Edward Harold Marsh in the 3rd qtr of 1921 at Chelsea, London. I found they had the following children (1) Edith H. Marsh 2md qtr 1922 Tonbridge (2) Elfrida Marsh 1st 1tr 1924 Tonbridge (3) Anne M. Marsh 3rd qtr 1927 Tonbridge (4) Harold S. Marsh 2nd qtr 1931 Tonbridge.

Where was Henrietta born in 1901 and who were her parents and how many siblings did she have. Are there any census records for her-if yes please provide details. There should be a 1911 census for her.

Where in 1884 was Edward Harold March born and who were his parents and how many siblings. Any census records for him? There should be 1891  to 1911 census records for him.

Regarding Miss Emily Fearon Jones you gave me her birth and death and from that I found her census records for 1871 up to an including 1911 so I have all I need for her. Thank you for your input for without it I could not get anywhere.

Offline Smokey807

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 16 March 18 10:54 GMT (UK) »
 Sorry.......... I meant to say Marsh not March. Im all thumbs this morning on the keyboard.

Online emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 16 March 18 12:45 GMT (UK) »
I can't find a Henriette Pannier in 1911. Is it possible that she was French? Searching just for the name Pannier in 1911 brings up a lot of peple with French sounding Christain names.

Regarding Edward, the only birth ref I can find for an Edward Harold Marsh is Dec 1884 Dorking 2a 160 mmn Hawarth

The family appear on the 1901 Census (RG13/622/F71/p17) in Dorking, Surrey. His parents are William Alfred and Caroline nee Howarth who married Jun 1867 Liverpool 8b 517

During WW1 there is an Edward Harold Marsh of 51 West Street, Dorking (the address given in the Censuses) who was an Orderly for the British Red Cross. Edward obviously shared Henriette's pacifist beliefs.

Emeltom

Offline Smokey807

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 16 March 18 13:45 GMT (UK) »
Thanks emelton

From what you gave I found a reference regarding conscientious objectors in Surrey that gave Edward Harold Marsh as a Quaker with the Friends Ambulance with the address of 51 West Street Dorking so as you say he was a pacifist and of like beliefs as his wife.

I did find online a French passport for Miss Henriette Stephanie Pannier with a photo of her and gave her birth as 1901. The passport has a photo of her. So yes I believe she was of French background. The passport was dated 1921 and valid from March 15,1921.  As another noted the marriage between Edward Harold Marsh and Henriette was in Chelsea in the 3rd qtr of 1921. Since you say census records are not found for her then presumably she was born in France and lived there until just before her marriage.

Can you give more details for the 1901 census, members of the household with birth info and occupations and how many servants there if any. Can you find a 1911 census for the Marsh family?