Author Topic: William Grimshaw school Muswell Hill  (Read 5210 times)

Offline ivorjbody

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Grimshaw school Muswell Hill
« on: Thursday 15 March 18 21:00 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know any of these pupils please 1955/6? Roderick Stewart later Sir Rod Stewart back row 7th from left also Sir Ray Davis and David Davis went to school there, but not in the photo.

Offline ivorjbody

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: William Grimshaw school Muswell Hill
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 March 18 16:31 GMT (UK) »
To help you out then Roderick Stewart now Sir Rod Stewart back row 7th from left. Also went there now Sir Ray Davis and his brother David not on this photo.

Offline kenknight

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 October 19 23:11 BST (UK) »
blimy
great memories
I'm first left at the back, next to me is Ray or Roy? Wood, then Phil Harris, the big guy in the centre is ? Wood (brother of Ray). 2nd right middle row is Brian Boreham
I was a neighbour of Rod Stewart (I lived at 497 Archway Rd, He lived at 507) we used to play football at Highgate Woods and would run up Archway rd to the woods singing the theme song from Sportsview (the Match of the Day of that era) to play 4 hour 20 a side games
We were in a skiffle group I played washboard (couldn't afford drums in those austere days)
and we wrote a play based on 'This is Your Life' which we preformed at a school concert. Rod,
of course was the subject, I played his wife. One of the lines was
'We're happily married, every time we have an argument we plant a tree'
You know Epping Forrest- that's our back garden
Kenny Pearson (not in pic) played guitar in our skiffle group, one day Ray Davies asked him to teach him some cords and 'Pearsio' replied f**k-off, man- I should add Pearsio was very shy and not being arrogant.
The Davies bros were in another class
The tall Wood brother and a few of us got the cane (can't remember why) and when the headmaster dished out 6 of the best, Wood gave him a look of disgust, and promptly got another 6
If they are out there I'd really love to hear from Pearsio and Brian Boreham 'Boreo' who were also in the skiffle group and the play
Rod might like to know as well

Offline philipsearching

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I was a beautiful baby - what went wrong?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 09 October 19 03:17 BST (UK) »
Sorry to be a wet blanket, but this would be more appropriate on a site such as Facebook.  Rootschat has a policy of not naming living people.

Philip

(moderator informed)

p.s. - a warm welcome to Rootschat kenknight
Please help me to help you by citing sources for information.

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Martin Russell

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 04 October 20 05:29 BST (UK) »
I attended William Grimshaw Secondary Modern School class of 1955/56 and that is me Martin Russell standing next to Rod Stewart and the other side of Rod is my cousin Christopher Hallam in back row far right.