Author Topic: Patrick Mulkerrin (born around 1854)  (Read 1083 times)

Offline stanb106

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Patrick Mulkerrin (born around 1854)
« on: Friday 16 March 18 09:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi All
I am trying to trace the parents and siblings of Patrick Mulkerrin, born in Galway Ireland, around 1854. I know he married widow Ann Gibbons (nee Steel) who was born in Goven, Scotland around 1841. They married (if they ever did) around 1875, and had three children all born in Durham, England, and they are Patrick (born 27th April 1876), Ann (born around 1879) and Martin (born 9th September 1882), and by the 1911 census Patrick (aged 57) and Ann (71) resided at 22 Stanley Street, Jarrow. Both Patrick and Ann were buried in Jarrow Cemetery, Ann on 31st December 1918, aged 75, and Patrick on 15th January 1934, aged 80.

I also know there are many ways to spell "Mullkerrin", so if anyone can help me with finding the Parents, and siblings of Patrick, I would be very grateful.

Regards
Stan

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Mulkerrin (born around 1854)
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 March 18 12:35 GMT (UK) »
The marriage record would be the first place to start. Have you searched for it yet? English ones ask for name and occupation of both fathers.

Unfortunately civil registration of births in Ireland didn't start until 1864 so for earlier dates you need a location (parish if not actual townland) and religion to see if church records survive (not all are online).
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!