Author Topic: Duncan GILLESPIE (1822-1898) Uxbridge_Journal Look-up  (Read 305 times)

Offline krellia

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Duncan GILLESPIE (1822-1898) Uxbridge_Journal Look-up
« on: Friday 16 March 18 14:36 GMT (UK) »
Can someone lookup the following article in the Uxbridge Journal?

(1) "Squire" GILLESPIE - Death of Duncan GILLESPIE - Beaverton news, 1898_Nov_24 pg. 4, col. 4.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Duncan GILLESPIE (1822-1898) Uxbridge_Journal Look-up
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 March 18 12:48 GMT (UK) »
I don't get to the Uxbridge library as often as I would like, but they do have a look-up service for a small fee:

http://www.uxlib.com/modules/public/assets/pdf/genealogy_authorization_and_fee_schedule.pdf

If I find myself there in the near future, I will have a look.

In the meantime, Duncan Gillespie, aged 75, of 46 South Bay Street, Beaverton, died November 10, 1898. Born Scotland.  Informant was a D.C. Gillespie (Ontario Death Registrations).

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline krellia

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Duncan GILLESPIE (1822-1898) Uxbridge_Journal Look-up
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 March 18 10:53 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Eileen, I am aware of Duncan's death date. I was curious to read what the obituary said about his death.