Author Topic: Pickett of Londonderry  (Read 673 times)

Offline Jerseyties

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Pickett of Londonderry
« on: Friday 16 March 18 17:17 GMT (UK) »
I am searching for ANY information on a Picket/Pickett family. My ancestor Mark Pickett immigrated to Albany New York on 27 May 1834 at the age of 26 with his younger brothers John age 20 and Robert age 18. The name was spelled as PICOTT on the ships register.. All from Londonderry. Mark was naturalized in May 1839 in Albany. The person vouching for him was a William Pickett....do not know the relationship between them. Any records at all would be much appreciated.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Pickett of Londonderry
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 March 18 20:09 GMT (UK) »
Also Pig(g)ot(t) to consider but the dates are well before the start of civil registration so you'll need their religion and location (parish if not actual townland) to see if church records survive (not all are online).
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Jerseyties

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pickett of Londonderry
« Reply #2 on: Friday 16 March 18 22:45 GMT (UK) »
Thanks I did find a Mark Piggott on the 1831 census with 5 males in the household that I thought could possibly be a fathe rwith my ancestor named for him I want to say that was in Dungivey or something like that...so hard to  prove anything. Unfortunately my Mark Pickett's death cert. in NY didnt name his parents and Im still trying to track down the other Pickett's mentioned. So glad my Brown and Hogg family wasnt as hard as this line...you helped me out a great deal with those Surnames. Im just sorry that PRONI misplaced my 4th gr grandfather Thos. Hogg's Will which does exist....hoping they find it one day.'