Author Topic: Are Lincolnshire - Protestant Church records for 1800-1810 available online?  (Read 3528 times)

Offline Wayne Cook

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Are Lincolnshire - Protestant Church records for 1800-1810 available online?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 17 March 18 02:50 GMT (UK) »
ok I will add these to the list both with parents of Samuel and Ann like the James in 1806

Mary Ann Salter 16 March 1801
Anne Salter 29 Nov 1803

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Are Lincolnshire - Protestant Church records for 1800-1810 available online?
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 17 March 18 10:52 GMT (UK) »
There are some records with different spellings.

The marriage at St Swithin, Lincoln, on 21st June 1800 has the names as Samuel Saulter and Ann Towing.

A witness was Henry Salter. Henry Saulter (signed as Salter), married Elizabeth Towning on 25th August 1800

An Ann Towning was baptised in North Scarle on 19th March 1775, daughter of Thomas and Elizabeth.
Elizabeth Towning was baptised there on 27th November 1768 and Mary on 10th February 1771

Thomas Towning married Elizabeth Haxton at North Scarle on 18th April 1764.

David

Offline Wayne Cook

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 17 March 18 11:58 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, I will add these to the possible list

I wonder if there are any other James Salter born in or close to 1808 in Lincoln

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 20 March 18 10:38 GMT (UK) »
He may not be a Lincolnshire man of course, just because he was convicted there. My gt gt grandfathers first wife was frequently convicted in Stamford, Grantham and Lincoln. She lived in Nottinghamshire but was born in Middlesex...
Have you checked out the newspapers, a silver watch would have been a costly item.

The above link is the only one coming up on Freereg, for Lincolnshire.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Wayne Cook

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 21 March 18 00:36 GMT (UK) »
I am told that his convict papers say native Place Lincoln but will re-check.

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 21 March 18 10:15 GMT (UK) »
Two more reports, in case you may not have seen them:

From The Nottingham Journal 28 March 1829:-

LINCOLN ASSIZES - At Lincoln Assizes judgement of death was recorded against...James Salter and Samuel Seaton, for robbing John King, of Lincoln, of a watch.

From The Stamford Mercury 22 May 1829:-

Of the 17 capital convicts against whom sentences of death was recorded at the Lent assizes, twelve are sentenced to be transported for life...sent from the Castle for Sheerness, by way of steamboat from Hull:- ... and James Salter, for the term of their natural lives

Samuel Seaton and James Salter were also tried for High Robbery but James was acquitted.

David

Offline Wayne Cook

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 22 March 18 01:52 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, that might explain this conditional pardon https://www.records.nsw.gov.au/searchhits_nocopy?id=65&surname=salter&firstname=james&alias=&remarks=&recordtype=0&vessel=0&year= The information I have says " Wednesday 18 March, charged with stealing a watch to the value of twenty shillings belonging to a John Grundy at Scampton on 24th Dec 1828" I will see what is on his convict papers.

do you have a reference for the High Robbery one?

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 22 March 18 09:26 GMT (UK) »
There are five images on Findmypast relating to his conviction and also for Samuel Seaton, who was also transported.

We are not supposed to give the full details but I think you can access them for some credits.

David