Author Topic: Edward CHRISTIE gravesite or burial information please  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Macushla

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edward CHRISTIE gravesite or burial information please
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 18 March 18 02:03 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Jamjar and matthewj64.

matthewj64, I have done the right thing, found the sale reference that you referred to, corrected it on Trove and saved a copy  ;). Sounds like a lovely place.

Jamjar, thanks for that, I have the death info, but just can't find a burial.

Why is it that a little bit of info, once you can't find it, becomes in your mind the most important piece of information?!

I just went through every cemetery in Lorraine's Burial Records, to no avail.

Offline Macushla

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Edward CHRISTIE gravesite or burial information please - COMPLETED
« Reply #10 on: Monday 19 March 18 12:27 GMT (UK) »
Matthewj64 has given me some hints and passed on baptism details for some of Edward's children, all of which is very much appreciated. I haven't found Edward's resting place yet, but still hoping.

I've marked this as closed so that the moderators can close this off for now.

Many thanks to all for your help. I have definitely been sucked back down the rabbit hole!

Offline nala

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Edward CHRISTIE gravesite or burial information please
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 17 May 18 05:36 BST (UK) »
Hello Macushla
I have not been on this site for a long time either-so am not sure if we have communicated before.Edward Christie and Mary Webb were my  great grandparents also-so we are probably 3rd cousins.
I sought to find their burial details,quite a while ago now,but was unsuccessful.I was left wondering if Edward was buried on his property at Upper(Glen) Huon.Mary died at Cygnet-probably she was buried there but I found no evidence.If you find any info.I would be pleased if you could share it with me.
I am guessing that you are descended from Frederick,as tho non-beneficiary of Mary's will and assume that this was because he had been interstate for 10 years or so when she died.William Henry C. and Sabina Wicks were my grandparents.Please let me know if I can help with any info.