Author Topic: Who in picture might be my relative Fred Disney?  (Read 1490 times)

Offline lv426

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Who in picture might be my relative Fred Disney?
« on: Saturday 17 March 18 07:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, Hopefully this is the right place to post this?

I was wondering if i could get some opinions on a picture.

In the picture it has survivors of a mine disaster in Ballarat Victoria, Australia, one of the men is my relative, but the source where i got the picture only lists the names but not who is who.

I will post 3 pictures, the first will be Frederick Disney born 1847 the picture is dated 1869 so he should be around 22.

2nd picture will be my great grandfather dated 1905 he was born 1884 so similar ages.

3rd my grandfather born 1907, i am not sure of the date of the pic but he looks about the same age as well?

I have maybe narrowed it down to 2 of the people in the picture but maybe i shouldn't say so i don't  influence anyone>?

thanks in advance for any help or information.
ANDERSON - Berwickshire/Selkirkshire
ARMISTEAD
BENNETT
DARLEY
DEWS -
DISNEY -France/UK
EARLL 
EMOND - Selkirk
FORD
KENNEDY
LEADER
STUBBS
TUNNOCK
WILKINSON

Offline dublin1850

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A great lover of Dublin history
    • View Profile
Re: Who in picture might be my relative Fred Disney?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 March 18 13:35 GMT (UK) »
The guy second from left (back row - superimposed?) in the group photo looks to me like a dead ringer for the other two. Same nose, shape of face.
Coffey, Cummins [Rathfalla, Tipperary], Cummins [Skirke, Laois], Curran, Dillon [Clare], Fogarty [Garran, Laois/Tipp], Hughes, Keshan (Keeshan), Loughman [Harristown and Killadooley, Laois], Mallon [Armagh], Malone, Markham [Caherkine, Clare], McKeon(e) [Sligo/Kilkenny/Waterford], McNamara, Meagher, Prescott [Kilkenny/Waterford/Wexford?], Rafferty, Ryan, Sullivan, Tobin
GEDMatch: T665306 tested with Family Tree DNA and also with ancestry
GEDCOM file: 1980344

Offline JulesT

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 March 18 13:46 GMT (UK) »
I’m with dublin1850, the eyebrows are quite arched. :)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 17 March 18 13:54 GMT (UK) »
The guy second from left (back row - superimposed?) in the group photo looks to me like a dead ringer for the other two. Same nose, shape of face.

Agree - he and the one next to him both look as if they've been added.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 17 March 18 13:57 GMT (UK) »
Same conclusion.

I would love to restore the second photo...why not put it on the photo board for us to have a play with  ;D
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline IJDisney

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 17 March 18 23:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello iv426,

I would say the second from left too, except that the parting looks in the wrong place?

I'm curious - where do your Disney's come from?

Offline sami

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grannie M
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 18 March 18 01:28 GMT (UK) »

Agree with this. I did wonder about the one standing on the far right but the nose didn't seem right.

sami
England:  Archer, Bailey, Bates, Blower, Bosworth, Court, Hicklin, Orton, Palmer, Robbins, Sedgwick, Smith, Stevenson, Stone, Varnam, Wakelin, Walker
Canada:  Archer, Walker, Spencer, Shepherd
Australia:  Taplin
South Africa:  Risley

Offline lv426

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 18 March 18 03:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi All, thank you all for the replies, yes i also thought it was either the 2nd or the 3rd from the left, i was wondering if maybe they were brothers?

They do look superimposed and i am not sure why they were added later? working maybe?

Thanks again for the information everyone, it's good to see i was looking down the right track so to speak.
ARMISTEAD
BENNETT
DARLEY
DEWS -
DISNEY -France/UK
EARLL 
EMOND - Selkirk
FORD
KENNEDY
LEADER
STUBBS
TUNNOCK
WILKINSON

Offline lv426

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 18 March 18 03:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi IJDisney, my Disney side came from Kilkenny and Cork i believe originally but William Disney (my line) was a cabinet maker in London, i am not sure what happened to him but his wife (from Cork) ended up in Australia, and from there all the Disney on my line are from Victoria, Australia.

Before that i think they came from Norton Disney Uk then from there went to ireland?

What about your line?

ARMISTEAD
BENNETT
DARLEY
DEWS -
DISNEY -France/UK
EARLL 
EMOND - Selkirk
FORD
KENNEDY
LEADER