Author Topic: Wee Hughie and his Soccer team Ayr Wallacetown  (Read 1526 times)

Offline doonayr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Wee Hughie and his Soccer team Ayr Wallacetown
« on: Saturday 17 March 18 23:24 GMT (UK) »
Can this please be improved.   Thanks

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Wee Hughie and his Soccer team Ayr Wallacetown
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 March 18 16:26 GMT (UK) »
I gave it a go for you...Phew...that was a marathon, kits washed, boots mended, hairs combed, faces washed and oranges given out  ;D
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 March 18 16:37 GMT (UK) »
and a slightly warmer version.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline doonayr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 18 March 18 19:00 GMT (UK) »
Great Job, Carol.   Thanks for taking the time to do this.    Means a lot.   Hope you manage a rest from all your activities.   Thanks again   Doonayr

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 18 March 18 19:31 GMT (UK) »
Lovely photo and so worth preserving....memories of taking a turn at washing football kits, providing plasters and TLC to the injured and giving out oranges at half time when son was playing in two teams  ;D ;D
Carol

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 18 March 18 23:55 GMT (UK) »
Carol, I know from my other half (and being an apprentice for 42 years - jack of all trades - master of none  ;)) that would have taken you some time to do - hours not minutes.  We can all flit about from thread to thread answering queries, sometimes there are many with one line answers, not time consuming at all. (Although it does increase their post count)   ;)  You all deserve the praise you get for the time you put in on all these restores - perhaps you should all get more points per post  ;) - now there is a controversial idea  :P   Well done every one, you all do a fantastic job and deserve the recognition, admiration and respect that should come your way for the time and quality of the work you all do.

Great Stuff Guys
Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 19 March 18 10:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Sandra....it's a very worthwhile hobby that fills our time and gives us great pleasure bringing peoples' damaged photos back to life. It can be very challenging and time consuming, but also very rewarding especially when we get positive feedback on the work we do which is always very welcome and makes it all worthwhile.
So thanks very much for taking the time to show your appreciation  :-*
Carol

Offline jloy326

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 20 March 18 14:29 GMT (UK) »
Another, but I like Carols more.
If a task is once begun never leave it till it's done. Be the labor great or small, do it well or not at all.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 20 March 18 16:16 GMT (UK) »
That's a lovely piece of work Jloy  8)...there was a lot of work in it wasn't there  :D
Carol