Author Topic: marriage  (Read 1762 times)

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: marriage
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 20 March 18 17:27 GMT (UK) »
I looked at a baptism for a McCoon.  In census the family appears as McKone and McCone.  Lots of phonetic license?

Offline john+sue

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 20 March 18 19:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi  Josey-Cosmac -Polarbear and everyone else I cant thank you enough I have been searching for this info for about 14 years and you come up with it in days. I would like to ask you all' do you think the original marriage certificate would have the parents names on it' or would I be wasting my time and money sending for it. The thing that is throwing us is we were let to believe Mary Ann was a native Indian but with a name like Mc Coon - Mc Koon not to sure. We know she was born in Utica USA.  Thanks again. Kind regards John + Sue  ps can anyone tell me how I send a email to other members

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 20 March 18 23:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi again.

The only record of the marriage would be the parish record. Civil registration did not begin in Quebec until 1994 (yes!). You have already been given just about all the pertinent info that is found on the marriage record, if I remember correctly. There are no parents mentioned, unfortunately. The image of the parish record is available on the Ancestry website (see my earlier post re how to access images). Ordering a record would only get you a copy of what is already available on line.

Just noticed you are new to RootsChat. Welcome  :).

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 21 March 18 13:22 GMT (UK) »
ps can anyone tell me how I send a email to other members
If you click on the text looking icon on that members name under one of their posts a box will appear where you can send your personal message. This icon is green when that member is online. You can also click on their name & you will see under their name 'Send PM'. This is the only way to exchange personal email addresses or information about living people.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON