Author Topic: Am I confusing 2 families as one?  (Read 2055 times)

Offline Riddlebrick

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Am I confusing 2 families as one?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 18 March 18 18:17 GMT (UK) »
Forfarian

I'm sure for novices, they might take the information as 'Fact'. However I only ever see it as an approximation as I'm sure William did when posting. Thankfully with William and EV's help I have gone back to my original thoughts on this family and have decided the baptism I found was a red herring.

I do however use the estimated birth year as a guide to try and find further information and 99% of the time it has proved helpful.
Norfolk – Girdlestone
Durham & North Yorkshire – Stevens, Mordecai, Collingwood, Christopher, Taylor, Henderson, Grewcock, Charlton
Northumberland – Small, Swanston, Gilchrist
London – Genesis, Biggs
Wiltshire & Staffordshire – Stevens, Burt, Taylor, Maskell, James, Green, Onions
Scotland – Bertie, Henderson, Skene, Allison, Peacock

Offline Nicksfam

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Am I confusing 2 families as one?
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 19 November 20 12:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Riddlebrick, I’m new to this site and but it looks like you’ve been chasing the same trail as me, which may mean we have shared roots of course. I’ve managed to trace my family line from Gateshead/Newcastle back to a similar confusion at the Eliza Peacock parents point, although I’m very much at the start of my journey! I’d be very interested to know if you’ve got any further or can fill in the gaps nearer to present!