Author Topic: Wills at FamilySearch - can't browse to image  (Read 955 times)

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Wills at FamilySearch - can't browse to image
« on: Sunday 18 March 18 15:38 GMT (UK) »
I'm trying to browse the images of original Durham wills at FamilySearch - https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/2358715?collectionNameFilter=false

The will I'd like to look at was proved in 1808 (Eleanor Stowell, ref. DPR/I/1/1808/S29/1-2 - taken from North East Inheritance database), but the browsing page at FamilySearch doesn't take me beyond 1664. Does anyone know how I can access this one, please?

I'm happy to try asking FamilySearch direct, but as it's a Sunday I thought it might be quicker to ask here first.

Many thanks.
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Wills at FamilySearch - can't browse to image
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 March 18 15:59 GMT (UK) »
I'm trying to browse the images of original Durham wills at FamilySearch - https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/2358715?collectionNameFilter=false

but the browsing page at FamilySearch doesn't take me beyond 1664.

It says at the bottom of the page An error has occurred. Please try again later.

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 March 18 16:05 GMT (UK) »
From the NEI site

http://familyrecords.dur.ac.uk/nei/data/neisearch.php

Viewing online images
Online images of most probate records are available at the Genealogical Society of Utah's familysearch site. Where available, these images can be accessed by clicking on the reference codes shown in brackets after each document description within the catalogue above. If a document reference is not hyperlinked, this means that the online image is missing or has not been linked into our data.

E Stowell's will is not highlighted therefore according to the above that means it is not yet there or is not linked to NEI data
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 18 March 18 16:11 GMT (UK) »
It says at the bottom of the page An error has occurred. Please try again later.

OK, it's not just me then. (I got that error message too.)

E Stowell's will is not highlighted therefore according to the above that means it is not yet there or is not linked to NEI data

Thanks - I'd seen that. What I wanted to find out was which of those two options applied.
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 18 March 18 16:44 GMT (UK) »
There is definitely a fault, I have often accessed that page and far more should load than is showing at present.

I'm pretty certain the will should be there for you to view, it's just that the hyperlink hasn't yet been loaded.

When the project went live there weren't any hyperlinks, so I imagine they are still working their way through and adding them.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 18 March 18 17:31 GMT (UK) »
OK, thanks. If I don't get anywhere tomorrow I'll get in touch with FamilySearch.

Offline familydar

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 18 March 18 18:06 GMT (UK) »
Might be worth trying a different browser.  The various Familysearch sites seem to be getting quite picky these days and I've found that the best browser currently working for me on fs sites is firefox.

Jane :-)
ALLEN
BARR, BARRATT, BERRY, BRADLEY,BRAMLEY,BRISTOW,BROWN,BUGBIRD,BUTLER
CAIN,CARR,CHAPMAN,CHARLES,CH*LTON,CHESTER,COCKETT
COLLASON,COLLYER,CORKERY
DARLING, DENYER,DICKERSON,DOLLING,DURBAN
FARMER,FURNELL
GIBSON,GILES,GROOMBRIDGE
HALL,HAMBIDGE,HARMES,HART,HICKS,HILL,HOLLOWAY
JACKSON
K*AT*S
LANCASTER,LINTON
MCDONALD,MCFADEN,MEARS,MILLARD
NICOLAS,NOAK,NORTH
PARFIT,PORTER
RIPPINGALE,ROBINS
SEARLE,SPENCER,STEDHAM
TYLER,TILLY,TUCKWELL
WADE,WAGER,WALKER,WATSON,WEBB,WITHRINGTON,WOOD

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 18 March 18 19:18 GMT (UK) »
Forgot to mention - I've tried it with Chrome, Firefox and IE11 in Windows 7, and Safari on an iPad. Same result with all of them.