Author Topic: Edmondson family Lancaster  (Read 618 times)

Offline lesleyhannah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Edmondson family Lancaster
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 20 March 18 08:59 GMT (UK) »
It looks as if William died before the will was proved. There seems to be a suggestion that he may have committed suicide or had an accident. I have a hunch that there could be a family connection though in the will the Edmondsons are named without any specific connection - others are referred to as cousins or friends etc. Am grateful for findings posted here as new eyes can often see what I overlook. EG I notice from rosie99 post a witness at the parents' marriage is William Blackburne. I know there could be a link with the Blackburne family though I can't find it yet.
Thanks again - will try to find out the cause of William's death

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Barbara.H

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 21 March 18 00:26 GMT (UK) »
Don't know if it helps, but here is a soldier's record for a Thomas Danson Edmondson, d. 8 December 1917. It gives a few more connections to the Edmondson family and the Borrowdale Rd address.

http://www.cpgw.org.uk/soldier-records/thomas-danson-edmondson/

Thomas Danson Edmondson was a nephew of William Thomas, Mary, Alice and Florence Edmondson.  There is a service record for him that gives his address on enlistment as 5 Queen St, Lancaster, with next-of-kin "Miss Edmondson, guardian, aunt."

:) Barbara
LANCS:  Greenwood, Greenhalgh, Fishwick, Berry,
CHES/DERBYS:  Vernon
YORKS/LINCS: Watson, Stamford, Bartholomew,
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline lancsann

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 21 March 18 09:01 GMT (UK) »
That Thomas Danson was the son of John Edmondson and Clara Swindells. It seems to be a family name as there was a child of the same name baptised in 1813 son of a William and Alice (lan-opc)