Author Topic: Edmondson family Lancaster  (Read 1848 times)

Offline lesleyhannah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Edmondson family Lancaster
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 20 March 18 08:59 GMT (UK) »
It looks as if William died before the will was proved. There seems to be a suggestion that he may have committed suicide or had an accident. I have a hunch that there could be a family connection though in the will the Edmondsons are named without any specific connection - others are referred to as cousins or friends etc. Am grateful for findings posted here as new eyes can often see what I overlook. EG I notice from rosie99 post a witness at the parents' marriage is William Blackburne. I know there could be a link with the Blackburne family though I can't find it yet.
Thanks again - will try to find out the cause of William's death

Offline Barbara.H

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 21 March 18 00:26 GMT (UK) »
Don't know if it helps, but here is a soldier's record for a Thomas Danson Edmondson, d. 8 December 1917. It gives a few more connections to the Edmondson family and the Borrowdale Rd address.

http://www.cpgw.org.uk/soldier-records/thomas-danson-edmondson/

Thomas Danson Edmondson was a nephew of William Thomas, Mary, Alice and Florence Edmondson.  There is a service record for him that gives his address on enlistment as 5 Queen St, Lancaster, with next-of-kin "Miss Edmondson, guardian, aunt."

:) Barbara
LANCS:  Greenwood, Greenhalgh, Fishwick, Berry,
CHES/DERBYS:  Vernon
YORKS/LINCS: Watson, Stamford, Bartholomew,
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lancsann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 21 March 18 09:01 GMT (UK) »
That Thomas Danson was the son of John Edmondson and Clara Swindells. It seems to be a family name as there was a child of the same name baptised in 1813 son of a William and Alice (lan-opc)