Author Topic: Markham Family at Wressle  (Read 838 times)

Offline liza9

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Markham Family at Wressle
« on: Monday 19 March 18 11:43 GMT (UK) »
My Great Great Grandfather was William Markham b 1814 married Ann Gamwell. He was a Blacksmith. Great Grandmother was Lavinia Markham b 1855 her twin was Louisa , other siblings Mary, Ellen, William, Mordicai, Anne Elizabeth, John, and Henry. Does anyone else have these in their Family Trees please ?

Offline mrcakey

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Markham Family at Wressle
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 March 18 19:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Liza,

While not wanting to discourage you, it's statistically unlikely that someone passing through on this board would share your common ancestors (your post had 36 views at the time of writing). You might have more luck putting your question in the relevant county board where someone might be searching for your surname.

Probably the best way of finding people who share your ancestors would be using something like Ancestry.co.uk (either free trial or for free at your local library if they have it).
Houghton - Lancashire, inc. Manchester
Robertson - Angus
Collinge - Yorkshire, Lancashire, USA
Nedderman - Lancashire
Lane/Fryer - Kent

Offline Girl Guide

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 March 18 21:34 GMT (UK) »
There is someone called Redleg09 researching the same family.  However this person has not been on the board since 2011 so may no longer be active.

This person does not appear to have made any posts at all.  As you will not be able to send a message yet I will send a pm on your behalf giving this post as a link.

Whether this person will respond or not depends on whether the email address is still active.  Just have to wait and see.
Ashford: Somerset, London
England: Devon, London, New Zealand
Holdway: Wiltshire
Hooper: Bristol, Somerset
Knowling: Devon, London
Southcott: Devon, China
Strong: Wiltshire
Watson: Cambridgeshire
White: Bristol
Windo - Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 March 18 22:19 GMT (UK) »
Lavinia Markham and family is in several trees on Ancestry - have you tried to contact any of those tree holders?

Offline Momofdoubles

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 29 March 18 09:09 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I have a rather large Markham Family tree, it dates back to 1023! Yes, 1023 moving forward a couple of my ancestors were Knights and helped regain the throne for the Royal. There was a famous quote by Elizabeth I, "Markham the Lion". I had my DNA tested and I'm from an ancient bloodline that goes back thousands of years. Not all Markhams are done on my tree as they get married more branches have to be researched. I did the most direct from my Mother and Grandfather. The largest of my trees is on FamilySearch.com. Other sights are MyHeritage.com, Geni.com and I just started on Wikitree.com. The reason that I have several sites is they all have different tools and information.

If you do go to my tree click on the source boxes if there is a number in the little box as I have found all kinds of documents and uploaded them. Hopefully you will find your direct ancestors. We may be related!
Robinson, Hayes, Fox, Markham, Pilling, Rathburn, Hawkins, Hess, Hulbert.

Caslin, Maul, Obert