Author Topic: Marraige matching on registers  (Read 682 times)

Offline Celtic Damsel

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marraige matching on registers
« on: Monday 19 March 18 13:38 GMT (UK) »
i wonder could someone please tell me if I find a possible match for a marraige and all the details on the site dont match exactly is it likely i have the wrong match? in this case the year and quarter matches the digital folder matches but not the page number doesnt? i was on family search.org thanks
O'Brien, Dublin, Kavanagh, Dublin, Owens, Dublin and Wales, Gibbs, London and Kent, Hill, London and Cork, Goldfinch, London and Kent, Connelly, Dublin

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marraige matching on registers
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 March 18 13:47 GMT (UK) »
I'm not sure I understand (and I don't know what a "digital folder is"), but depending on the year and country of the marriage, have you cross checked with FreeBMD?https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

If you would like to give the names and examples of the anomaly someone might be able to help you.

:)

Offline athacliath62

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 March 18 13:55 GMT (UK) »
sounds like the BMD index on FamilySearch, a previous post mentioned a possible match in Dublin ?

register page number must match - otherwise how can the couple have married each other

Offline Celtic Damsel

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 March 18 13:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi I was on Familysearch.org  Ruskie they always give a digital folder number for their own records I am in ireland so free BDM is no good to me i am trying to find a marraige for a Patrick O'brien to a Mary Mulligan between around 1890 and 1894 in ireland probably Dublin I found two using fmaily search but the page number they give for the records dont match onlly the year and quarter so i am wondering does that mean it is not the right marraige?

I'm not sure I understand (and I don't know what a "digital folder is"), but depending on the year and country of the marriage, have you cross checked with FreeBMD?https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

If you would like to give the names and examples of the anomaly someone might be able to help you.

:)
O'Brien, Dublin, Kavanagh, Dublin, Owens, Dublin and Wales, Gibbs, London and Kent, Hill, London and Cork, Goldfinch, London and Kent, Connelly, Dublin

Offline Celtic Damsel

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 19 March 18 14:00 GMT (UK) »
sounds like the BMD index on FamilySearch, a previous post mentioned a possible match in Dublin ?

register page number must match - otherwise how can the couple have married each other
yes I was on family search.org previous post?possible match? I dont know? but that answers my question anyway thank you the page doent match

Offline athacliath62

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 19 March 18 14:01 GMT (UK) »
better off searching IrishGenealogy for these dates - it shows dates and both names

Offline Celtic Damsel

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 19 March 18 14:04 GMT (UK) »
better off searching IrishGenealogy for these dates - it shows dates and both names
oh thank you so much for that

Offline athacliath62

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 19 March 18 14:06 GMT (UK) »
I see about 50 Mary Mulligan marriages registered between 1890 and 1894, 6 in Dublin North and Dublin South (assuming married in the city), but none to a Patrick O'Brien or similar - see this page

Offline Celtic Damsel

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 19 March 18 14:21 GMT (UK) »
yep me too back to square one!
I see about 50 Mary Mulligan marriages registered between 1890 and 1894, 6 in Dublin North and Dublin South (assuming married in the city), but none to a Patrick O'Brien or similar - see this page