Author Topic: Brickwall? No! A concrete Bunker!  (Read 2986 times)

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brickwall? No! A concrete Bunker!
« Reply #18 on: Friday 23 March 18 13:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rena, thanks for the link. I've managed to download all four files, yes they all worked!
At a quick glance my errant bodies are not there. The St Andrew's list definitely stop at Holmes. I'll contact the Archives later today and see if that is a true case or if there is a problem.
Many thanks for your help. I'll get there in the end.

Regards, Malcolm

It seemed to me that the printed volumes are not arranged by dates but arranged alphabetically , e.g. "A to H", etc.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline macwil

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brickwall? No! A concrete Bunker!
« Reply #19 on: Friday 23 March 18 13:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rena, thanks for the link. I've managed to download all four files, yes they all worked!
At a quick glance my errant bodies are not there. The St Andrew's list definitely stop at Holmes. I'll contact the Archives later today and see if that is a true case or if there is a problem.
Many thanks for your help. I'll get there in the end.

Regards, Malcolm

It seemed to me that the printed volumes are not arranged by dates but arranged alphabetically , e.g. "A to H", etc.

There are two files one by Father's Surname in which the names are A-H but within each name they are chronological. The other is by year and the names are in alphabetical order within each year. It's difficult to spot because each entry appears to be in triplicate. Needs further investigation.
Active links are now (after 13/04/2018) indicated by bold red italics. Just click on them.
The only stupid question is the one not asked

WILSON; Lancs, Lanrks.
BERRY; Lancs.
BORASTON; Salop, Worcs,
TYLER; Salop, Herefords.