Author Topic: Harrold family, London or Leicestershire??  (Read 810 times)

Offline Taylor94

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My grt grt grandfather, after capture WW1
    • View Profile
Harrold family, London or Leicestershire??
« on: Wednesday 21 March 18 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I'm hoping someone will perhaps be able to help me in a brickwall I've had for awhile.
My 5th grt grandmother was Jane Harrold.
She married Thomas Fallows/Follows in 11 Aug 1812 Hinckley, Leicestershire.
Every census from 1851 to 1871 she lists her birthplace as London, Middlesex and birth date between 1791-1793 so far I cant seem to see any record of a Jane Harrold being born/Baptised in Middlesex/Surrey/London fitting the time frame.
She also has a possible Sister called Ann who married a William Throne/Thorne in Hinckley 1811 and Ann and her husband William were a Witnesses to Jane's Marriage and Jane's husband Thomas is a witness on Ann's marriage. On census records, Ann also states she is from London and born abt 1791, So would fit in them possibly being Siblings.
I can find no record for any Ann or Jane Harrold etc in London which matches ages.

Interestingly there is 2 baptism for a Jane Harrold 6 Oct Kibworth Beauchamp. Daughter of Thomas and Martha. But there seems to be a burial fitting an infancy death for this jane.
There is then another baptism for a Jane Harrold 13 Apr 1795 Fleckney. Daughter of William and Sarah. But once again there seems to be a burial connected to this Jane in 1821.
There is also an Ann Harrold baptised to William and Sarah Feb 1793.
What also might be a clue, both Jane and Ann name 2 children Sophia and George.
A Sophia Harrold was bapt 17 Nov 1799 Fleckney, Daughter of William and Sarah.
And a George Harrold was bapt 30 Jul 1797 Hinckley. Son of George and Ann. Hinckley is the same place these 2 sisters married so could these names have a family connection and thats the reason for both of them having children with those names?
Any help is greatly appreciated
Richard Dudley of Cosby. Gent
George Bent of Cosby. Gent
William Black of Kilby. Gent
Bernard Cotton of Dadlington. Esq
Sir Thomas Halford of Wistow. Bart
Richard Swynfen of Sutton Cheney. Gent
John Cotes of Aylestone. Gent
John Freeston of East Norton. Gent
Sir John Bernard of Abington.
Edward Shuckburgh of Naseby. Esq
Richard Worsley of Deeping. Esq
Thomas Hobson of Glen. Gent
John Grant of Stretton Parva. Gent
John Miles of Heanley Hall. Gent
Thomas Dabridgecourt. Esq
Sir Clement Edmondes

Offline TonyV

• RootsChat Senior
  • Expect the unexpected (I forgot to!)
    • View Profile
Re: Harrold family, London or Leicestershire??
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 22 March 18 22:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Fenboy94

I can't help you with your immediate query but just to say that I have a Harrold tree for my wife's family based in Welford just over the county boundary in Northamptonshire. They end up in Leicester but as far as I can see there is no link to the Harrold family you refer to. It would not be surprising if they were related but maybe over 200 years ago?

The Harrolds spread throughout Northants because they were a milling family and they appear in many mills in the county until small-time mills closed under pressure from industrialised mills.

Offline Mvann

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 22 March 18 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tony

I've just been searching a marriage for a jonathan harrold in billesdon in 1867. He married a Sarah Jane jelley (nee Curtis). Have no info on him as it's Sarah Jane I'm related to.

Regards

Jonathan

Offline TonyV

• RootsChat Senior
  • Expect the unexpected (I forgot to!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 22 March 18 23:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jonathan

I don't have a link to Jonathan Harrold although he could be related to Fenboy94's family. Thanks for your contact though.

regards
Tony