Author Topic: Thomas Hutchinson of Beverley  (Read 933 times)

Offline DocHutch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Hutchinson of Beverley
« on: Friday 23 March 18 03:01 GMT (UK) »
I apologize at the beginning if there has been a topic on this.....

I am looking for information on my 8th ggf Thomas Hutchinson of Beverley.  Born 1640.  Married Dorothy Storr.  Was a Quaker, marrying in the Quaker church.  Left for America on two (more) occasions, starting Hutchinson Manor with land purchased from William Penn.

All my research shows his father as John Hutchinson of Alford, however, I believe this to be false as all John's children and father were born in Alford.  John is buried there. 

I found a Thomas Hutchinson born to a Mr. John Hutchinson in 1639, but he died in 1643.

Can anyone assist in my trying to find out Thomas' father/mother?  I have found documentation of Thomas' marriage to Dorothy, but no Hutchinson attended.  Leaves me to believe that he was possibly estranged from his family?

ANY assistance will be MUCH appreciated. 

Thank you!

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Hutchinson of Beverley
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 March 18 04:23 GMT (UK) »
Thomas married Dorothy in 1668 Hilston In Holderness. There is a tree on FamilySearch, L6LH-BCY, which has his parents as John Hutchinson and Bridget Bury who married in 1626, Little Ponton, Grantham. It also has an alternative tree, LZKJ-G7J, with parents John Hutchinson and Frances Sissison  who married in 1648, 8 years after Thomas was born.
​   ​

Online arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 March 18 09:48 GMT (UK) »
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DocHutch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 March 18 16:58 GMT (UK) »
SolidRock:  Thank you for the information.  Like I mentioned I'm 90% sure that John and Bridget are NOT Thomas' parents.  If you look at the list of their children, you will find all born in Alford and the birth of a sister 6 weeks after his birth!  I will look at the information you posted. 

Arthurk:  I have been in touch with the Quakers and other UK services in Beverley regarding Thomas.  Most have nothing on him before his documented marriage.  Thank you for the two links.  I will look at them closer.

Both:  My plan is to visit the Beverley area in mid-September, hopefully to continue this quest and possibly get some pics and copies of documents.

Thanks again and please keep in touch!