Author Topic: Bridget COYNE of Gateshead area - missing birth???  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Relsearcher

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bridget COYNE of Gateshead area - missing birth???
« Reply #9 on: Monday 26 March 18 09:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Boo - I have rechecked the registers and still no joy for any of the Coyne children, so I have emailed the Register Office in Gateshead to see if they can shed any light on the situation.  I have also attempted to go through the Cliefdon Registers from the link you sent me, but it is a bit of an uphill struggle!  When I have heard back from the Register Office, depending on if they come up with anything or not, I will post a request to see if anyone can look at the St Joseph Baptism records in the TWArchives for me on their next visit.  Thanks for all your help and input to date, it is much appreciated.  Nina

Offline Relsearcher

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bridget COYNE of Gateshead area - missing birth???
« Reply #10 on: Monday 26 March 18 16:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Boo - an update - I have now heard back from the lady at the Gateshead Register Office.  I gave her all the names and dates of the children born in Wrekenton (according to the various census returns) to Thomas and Bridget Coyne and she said she has no record of any of them being registered in that area or anywhere for that matter.  She felt they may have been born in either Scotland or Ireland.  I think I will ask for a lookup in the St Joseph's RC Church Baptism registers to see if they can shed any light on these children!  Nina