Author Topic: Walter Tull on the Today programme  (Read 246 times)

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Walter Tull on the Today programme
« on: Friday 23 March 18 13:09 GMT (UK) »
Was that a certain member of this forum on the radio this morning?
Como le dijo el mosquito a la rana, "Mas vale morir en el vino que vivir en el agua"

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline SmallTownGirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Walter Tull on the Today programme
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 31 March 18 15:45 BST (UK) »
Didn't hear it - can't stand John Humphries and his constant interrupting!  What time was it though - to see if I could find it on the IPlayer - and what makes you think it was a RootsChatter?

STG
Always looking for GOODWINS in Berkshire :)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Walter Tull on the Today programme
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 31 March 18 20:48 BST (UK) »
and what makes you think it was a RootsChatter?

STG

The name was very similar to a regular contributor to  the armed forces board, but as he hasn't responded to this post, I was either mistaken or he prefers to remain semi incognito, so I won't name him.

It was a week ago, 23rd March.  A very interesting story about the first black officer in the British army, who was also a professional footballer.
Como le dijo el mosquito a la rana, "Mas vale morir en el vino que vivir en el agua"