Author Topic: Charting with dashed lines  (Read 555 times)

Offline thecrazy1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Charting with dashed lines
« on: Friday 23 March 18 14:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

I have been using legacy for years but have come across a problem. I have an ancestor who ran away from home and changed his name, so we have no parents listed. however, I believe I have found the parents and would like to depict this on the tree. I have added it on legacy as possible parent but when I try to show it on a family tree it just shows as a normal parent line. is there any other programme that would allow me to enter it as a potential parent with dashed lines?

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Charting with dashed lines
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 March 18 15:45 GMT (UK) »
I will politely suggest that that requirement is not a good enough reason for changing software with which you have become familiar over many years. If you are looking at it on the screen, you will probably know that it should be a dotted line. If you print a report I think it would be easier to consider editing the output.  I know nothing about the Legacy software but there must be some functionality which allows you to add an appropriate Note or comment at some point.  You might spend a long time reviewing several different products before choosing one, and then eventually discovered that it has a shortcoming in some other area.

Martin