Author Topic: Thomas Green Ann Lund  (Read 1239 times)

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
Thomas Green Ann Lund
« on: Friday 23 March 18 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone help with  Thomas Green and Ann Lund.

Margaret  Green was baptised 21 Dec 1810 at St Peter Liverpool but she was born 6 Aug 1807.  Her baptism entry has her father as Thomas Green, officer in the customs, abode Mount Pleasant, and Ann Lund his wife.
I can find no other children or even a marriage for this couple.
On 14 May 1808 there is a death notice in the Lancaster Gazette for Thomas Green aged 47 one of the landing waiters at Liverpool.  Could this  suggest that Thomas was not originally from Liverpool and was born about 1761.  This is also in The Monthly Magazine. 
I can`t find a burial for Thomas ,  and another problem is that there is no mention of father being deceased in Margaret`s  baptism.
When Margaret married Peter  Shaw in 1829  she signed her name so was literate.  The witnesses were Ann Green and James Hesketh who both also signed their names.
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Green Ann Lund
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 March 18 15:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi
There's a marraige
Thomas Green born 1769 of Wakefield  to Ann Lunn born 1771 of Kirkheaton at Kirkheaton Yorkshire by licence 28.6.1791.
The licence is availible from York
Son Thomas born 30.10.1805,bapt 18.2.1806 Liverpool St Peters  with daughter Fanny born 2 Jan 1799 ,Helen born 3 Dec 1802,landing hawker

Ciderdrinker

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 March 18 15:47 GMT (UK) »
There is a marriage
St Ann Richmond,Liverpool,
9th September 1811
Thomas Watmough,xlabourer of Liverpool,
Ann Green widow,of the same parish
Witness E Leicester and Abraham Evans
-------------------------------------------------
Also St Nicholas Liverpool
5th Feb 1816
Robert Hodgson,labourer,parish of Liverpool
Ann Green widow parish of Liverpool,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline haliared

• RootsChat Senior
  • The future rests upon the foundations of the past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 March 18 16:58 GMT (UK) »
From lan-opc.org.uk

23 Mar 1797 St Nicholas, Liverpool, Lancashire, England baptism
Eliza GREEN, daur. of Thomas Green & Ann (formerly Lunn), his wife
living at Byrom street, Occupation a Tea dealer
Census & BMD information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 23 March 18 18:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi
There's a marraige
Thomas Green born 1769 of Wakefield  to Ann Lunn born 1771 of Kirkheaton at Kirkheaton Yorkshire by licence 28.6.1791.
The licence is availible from York
Son Thomas born 30.10.1805,bapt 18.2.1806 Liverpool St Peters  with daughter Fanny born 2 Jan 1799 ,Helen born 3 Dec 1802,landing hawker

Ciderdrinker

Thanks. I found the image for the marriage
, but there's nothing on it about year and place of birth, where did you get that from.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 24 March 18 09:16 GMT (UK) »
probably not connected but there is a William and Ann Lund who have a daughter Ann Lund baptised Liverpool July 1778,Sparling Street ,
Ann Lund relict of William Lund salt dealer died 19th June 1812 aged 80
William is a salt officer
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 24 March 18 11:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello
Yes the marriage in Kirkheaton.
I saw the marriage licence index for the Borthwick Institue at York.
It gives their names and place of marriage but also says they are 22 and 20 and come from Wakefield and Kirkheaton.
I assume the actual licence would give more details but only the index is online(you have to buy a copy from York).The index is on FindMyPast but I have given you all the details.
There is a baptism for Ann Lunn at Kirkheaton 28 Mar 1771 d of William Lunn so that at least seems to be right.

Back in Liverpool there is another Daughter Susannah Green 3.1.1806 born 3 Jan 1804(sorry I missed her first time round). 
Fanny of Walton on the Hill  marries at Edge Hill 31.3.1825 Andrew Gray  wit Eliza Green and ? Gray
Children George 12.10.1829/3.3.1830 Chorlton cum Medlock (medical practitioner), Margaret Sussannah Gray baptised Salford St Stephen 28.1.1831 gentleman.

Helen also marries there 26.4.1824 to John Sagers/Sayers Gray (wine) merchant wit Eliza Green,Andrew Gray and George Irlam
Children at a quick glance -George 21.2.1826 St Peters Derby Breck,John Sayers  23 .8.1832 St Peters ,Eliza Caroline 16.4.1834 St Peters Chapel place West Derby and Mary Ann 8.4.1836 .

Thomas a tide waiter marries at St Nicholas 22.4.1824 Mary Evans.

It looks like Susannah was buried at Holy Trinity 27.10.1837 of Chapel Place West Derby age 33
A possible for her mother Ann Green buried HT 26 Feb 1824 age 53 of Gloucester place ,Low hill.
(it is her as she's in the Lancaster Gazette).

Like you I can't see a burial for Thomas Green in 1808.
ps Ann Green d of Thomas and Ann baptised Wakefield 31.12.1794 and William Lunn 24 Mar 1792 .

Ciderdrinker

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 24 March 18 12:11 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much, there`s a lot to look at there.
There's an image of the  marriage on Anc.
St Johns the Baptist , Kirkheaton.  By licence
Thomas Green   of Wakefield  to Ann Lunn   of Kirkheaton . Both signed their names.
Witnesses Wm Child,  Wm Lumm. C Beaumont (may be a clerk), John Green. It seems to be the original entry as the signature of both Green`s vary.

The two marriages of Ann Green, one to George Watmough ( not Thomas)  and to Robert Hodgson .
 The Watmough one doesn`t have the original  PR entry only Bishops Transcript  so I cant see her signature.
The signature on the  Hodgson  one seems to  be similar to the Thomas Green marriage, but I`m not sure. I`ll ask for advice on the identification forum .

Thanks again

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 24 March 18 12:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Ann Lunn who became Mrs Green died as Mrs Ann Green widow in 1824 so she didn't remarry
The Newspaper notice of death confirms she is the widow of T Green of His Majesty's Customs.

Ciderdrinker