Author Topic: Mathew Richardson & Barbara Fenwick NEW  (Read 2132 times)

Offline schrader

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mathew Richardson & Barbara Fenwick NEW
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 25 March 18 07:05 BST (UK) »
And Eleanor 1834 and George Rochester Richardson 1845

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 25 March 18 07:32 BST (UK) »
Eleanor 25 May 1834 was Robert and Jane Richardson, Collingwood St, Blacksmith.  There is also a Grace who was baptised and later buried also of this Robert and Jane.
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline schrader

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 25 March 18 08:20 BST (UK) »
Dear Janis,
                      Where did you find John's baptism 1823?  Where am I not looking that shows you occupation of father and address?
I am thrilled as it makes me much happier about the gap after marriage

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 25 March 18 11:41 BST (UK) »
Dear Janis,
                      Where did you find John's baptism 1823?  Where am I not looking that shows you occupation of father and address?
I am thrilled as it makes me much happier about the gap after marriage

Don't know where Janis got the info, but the Bishops Transcripts on Family Search would be an option.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01lt3/

Boo

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 25 March 18 12:00 BST (UK) »

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 25 March 18 16:06 BST (UK) »
The regular microfilm for Tynemouth for the 1820's is very hard to read (they should re-film it) so I go to an index that I have first then try to find it in the Bishop's Transcripts.

John Rochester Richardson is on page 300 of 689 or I don't know if this will work.  It might direct you to a sign in page if you don't have an account then register it will be worth it:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-X43Y-WK?i=299&wc=9K5Q-829%3A13617901%2C30809801%2C31038502&cc=1309819

The the LDS went through parish records they only put down names and dates.  Since there are 2 Robert/Jane Richardson's in the area it is best to look at each one.  I would also look through the burials. 

There is a burial of a Thomas Richardson, age 10 days s/o Robert and Jane who was buried the same day as Matthew was baptised-4 Aug 1829.  This happened alot.  The minister may have said--is that one baptised?  Nope---then lets do it now which would probably include any of their children not baptised and present at the time.

Another one is Robert Richardson buried 25 Oct 1827, age 10 mo s/o Robert and Jane of North Shields.

Matthew may have been older than someone being born 1829 or was a twin with the dead child Thomas

In some parishes the minister/priest wrote more into each entry than what was required.  This one did and we are lucky for that.  The burial entries gave parents names if they were children and spouse names also.  Sometimes cause of death was written but usually the address was given.  Baptisms have the address and the father's occupation. 

Janis
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline schrader

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 25 March 18 22:06 BST (UK) »
 This is the first time I have used Roots chat and am amazed at my response and such wonderful help by so many individuals.
I thank you all.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 04 July 18 14:48 BST (UK) »
it's a shame you made a new post for your Robert's mariners records it would have been better to stay here,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,