Author Topic: Alexander MacLeod(b.1820's) of Stornaway , daughter Dandina MacLeod.  (Read 1289 times)

Offline newbeginings

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alexander MacLeod(b.1820's) of Stornaway , daughter Dandina MacLeod.
« on: Saturday 24 March 18 13:18 GMT (UK) »
Looking at this in trepidation, I have a gt gt grandfather an Alexander MacLeod from Stornoway born around 1820s - the very thought of trying to follow that line gives me the gibbers.  I have other Lewis forebearers from Leurbost, but I knew which croft, so that made it hugely easier.  The problem is that his daughter (my Gr grandmother) showing as Dandina MacLeod (Also recorded elsewhere as Ena and Dina), marrying James Matheson of Ullapool, got married in London, so I currently don't have her mum's name (Alexander's wife). It has dawned on me that I might/should get Dandina's maiden surname on her death cert - but am at a dead end till I next go to Registrar House - since I'm too mean to pay the price on Scotland's People !

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander MacLeod(b.1820's) of Stornaway , daughter Dandina MacLeod.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 March 18 13:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Newbeginnings  :)

It might be worth you starting a new thread as this is quite a few pages and others might not see your particular problems.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline newbeginings

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander MacLeod(b.1820's) of Stornaway , daughter Dandina MacLeod.
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 24 March 18 13:23 GMT (UK) »
Sure, Will do when I muster up the strength for this  ;D There's always the possibility of linking up with a certain US President when looking at MacLeods in Lewis too isn't there  :o

Topic split off.