Author Topic: The Friary, Salisbury  (Read 1670 times)

Offline jean.rob

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
The Friary, Salisbury
« on: Monday 26 March 18 21:21 BST (UK) »
My great aunt and uncle (Dorothy and Les Hatcher) used to live in The Friary in Salisbury (before it was demolished and the flats were built), which I used to visit when I was young.  Does anyone have any photos, or know where I may find some, of The Friary as it used to be, ie the terraced houses which were on the left as you entered the road.

Offline purlin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Crosbie, Crosby, Black, Woods, Johnstone, Kelly, Howatt, McMillan, Wauchope Scott, Smith, Gibbons, Roberts, Hildred, Jones, Hughes. Curran, Palmer. Hughes, Jones, Wilcox, wilbraham, owen
Liverpool, Dumfriesshire, Kirkudbrightshire, Cheshire, Flintshire, llanrwst, trefriw, Lincolnshire, America, Canada, New Zealand.

Offline jean.rob

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Friary, Salisbury
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 March 18 17:44 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that. I have looked on the Francis Frith site and they have no photos of The Friary itself.

Offline SandyBeaches

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 20 May 18 15:54 BST (UK) »
Hi there
Did you manage to find any images online?
I visited Sailsbury yesterday and was so upset to see how much The Friary has changed. My mum grew up there I believe in the 40's. I don't have names as such but my mum's maiden name was Tanner, Margaret (Peggy)

Thank you
Sandy

Offline jean.rob

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 20 May 18 21:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandy
I'm afraid I have had no luck so far. My relations lived in The Friary and I used to visit there in the 1950s with my parents.