Author Topic: Deborah Ardiff  (Read 1057 times)

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Deborah Ardiff
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 28 March 18 08:27 BST (UK) »

Thank's Gaffy
                     i see your train of thought,i was recently looking for a twice widowed woman who's death is not registered i eventually found her burial in Glasnevin by her daughter in her first marriage name.

Dathai

Baffled over this one, the words 'disappeared off the face of the earth' come to mind, but I'm sure I'll kick myself when someone finds them.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 28 March 18 09:45 BST (UK) »

Thank's Gaffy
                     i see your train of thought,i was recently looking for a twice widowed woman who's death is not registered i eventually found her burial in Glasnevin by her daughter in her first marriage name.

Dathai

Baffled over this one, the words 'disappeared off the face of the earth' come to mind, but I'm sure I'll kick myself when someone finds them.

I've was having a go as well, but like everyone else I'm baffled, a stonecutter could easily have got work abroad so they could have left but to where, I had started looking on Trove but didn't have much time, so Australia might be worth look. They don't appear to have any children in Ireland so it's possible they died childless here and there was no one to put up a stone or register their deaths.
The Kilmainham 1901 census being missing doesn't help but I think it's possible the printers are from the other Ardiff family living in that area.
Lots of results for the Kildare Ardiffs in the Kildare Observer but nothing for an Edward.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 28 March 18 10:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Sinnan
              thanks for showing an interest,i done some research on the Ardiff's a couple of years ago re Ballyfermot graveyard where my brother found a slip of paper in a shoebox in Ballyfermot Library i think it was written by one of the guys involved in the destruction of same 1970s he noted one headstone that had been placed against the wall Hugh Tremble 1862 and William Tremble 1898,through William's death cert i was able to find his marriage and found his mother was Mary Ardiff and traced them back to Kildare.
I know the Ardiff's had been going to America for generations.
Hugh's family stayed mostly in Kilmainham and some to America,
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01lts/

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 28 March 18 15:57 BST (UK) »
See under Rev Patrick Grace
Mrs Ann Grady widow of William Grady
https://sites.google.com/site/irishgleanings/home/1-08-extracts-from-correspondence---part-8

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 28 March 18 16:54 BST (UK) »
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.