Author Topic: Thomas PARK  (Read 3065 times)

Offline Linjoa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas PARK
« Reply #9 on: Friday 30 March 18 02:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Annette,
I came to the exact conclusion you have about this family.  Charles Crawford Clarkson PARK was buried in Bathgate SCT in 1838 (where the family was in 1841).  The Thomas PARK buried 1866 Bristol Holy Trinity was 'formerly supervisor of Inland Revenue' (from newspapers). Both he and son Thomas (b1829 Gateshead) were foreman at the same Gas Works in Bristol in 1861.  The family appeared to relocate to Bristol circa 1856.
There are a few trees on Ancestry that pick up one or two of the children (mostly with different mothers) but no-one has connected the children -  though, Ancestry 'Trees' are not known for their accuracy-) There could well be other children born that have not shown up as of yet and not being able to find Ann PARK (b1839 Lanarkshire, SCT) hasn't helped.  (She may have been a 'niece' . . . .
or born elsewhere).  Unfortunately, all is circumstantial at present which is why I hope someone can at least check out the two Kirkby Lonsdale baptisms for me.
Adding to this, there is a burial for an Elizabeth PARK in 1861, Bristol Holy Trinity (two months before the 1861 census!) and the age fits with my Elizabeth MAUGHAM born 1806, Northumberland.
A really messy family and not having images for Bristol has not helped, either.
Thanks again,
Linda

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 30 March 18 13:20 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for explaining - definitely the same man then.

I see that the National Archives at Kew have Thomas Park's Entry Papers for Service as an Excise Man.   You can view them at Kew (if you are able to visit) or you can request a copy although I don't know how much this costs.   Maybe you already have these details - they may include details of where in Scotland he was born?

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Linjoa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 30 March 18 22:41 BST (UK) »
Annette - I have seen the listing for the docs on Thomas PARK at TNA but they have not been scanned and it is about 8-9 pound to locate plus scanning/printing costs on top.  I am in Australia so cannot view them.  I may have to order them in the future if only to finalise where Thomas was stationed.

My main interest is in Elizabeth, his wife. 

Linda

Offline Linjoa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 17 July 18 00:17 BST (UK) »
I now have the answer to my query as to the Mary Jane Park, baptised Kirkby Lonsdale 1831.  She was the daughter of Thomas (excise officer) and Elizabeth.

Linda