Author Topic: Emily Johnson (Factory Worker) Trying to find information on where she worked.  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Claddagh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Emily Johnson (Factory Worker) Trying to find information on where she worked.
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 28 March 18 17:54 BST (UK) »
I wish I knew what kind of "Factory Worker" she was. Was it linen, lace, flax, yarn, glass or any other number of products that she worked with. There has got to be a way to research this information.

I'm determined and appreciate everyone having a look at my post. Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

Have a lovely day!
Claddagh
Dunlavin, Co. Wicklow, Ireland:  Johnson, Donnelly, Lenhan/Lennan/Lennon, Heydon/Hayden

Co. Cavan, Ireland: Kiernan
Co. Sligo, Ireland: McGowan

Co. Tyrone, Ireland: Brogan, Curran, McBride, McDade, McDaid, McFadden, McFaiden, Nolan

London, England:  Smith/Smyth
Scotland: McGoun

Offline Cwellan CoDown

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Emily Johnson (Factory Worker) Trying to find information on where she worked.
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 28 March 18 19:07 BST (UK) »
Here is a 1910 street directory for Banbridge

http://www.libraryireland.com/UlsterDirectory1910/Banbridge.php

At least one of the factories listed remains, it was Robinon and Cleavers in 1910 and is now Ulster Weavers (although not sure if there is still a factory, but they definitely still have a business premises)

There is records relating to Robinsons and Clevers in the Public records office
http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/c/F165909
McClean, Kelly, Murray, Higgins, McAnulty (McNulty, Conalty, Kinolty), Morgan, Rafferty, McPolin (All Co Down, Ireland) Bowman, Hooper(Yorkshire)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Claddagh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 28 March 18 19:48 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much Cwellan CoDown and hallmark! I will have a look and see where the trail leads me.

Much appreciated!
Claddagh
Dunlavin, Co. Wicklow, Ireland:  Johnson, Donnelly, Lenhan/Lennan/Lennon, Heydon/Hayden

Co. Cavan, Ireland: Kiernan
Co. Sligo, Ireland: McGowan

Co. Tyrone, Ireland: Brogan, Curran, McBride, McDade, McDaid, McFadden, McFaiden, Nolan

London, England:  Smith/Smyth
Scotland: McGoun