Author Topic: Collins  (Read 424 times)

Offline teddygreen1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Collins
« on: Thursday 29 March 18 20:59 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm trying to find a connection between two sets of Collins in DNA.
We know mary Ann collins was the mother of a Sarah wall born 1868 and tgat the father was a thomas wall born tetthall staff 1842 . A previous post on her couldn't find a marriage but did find census with Mary Ann living with a John Collins 1806  from Warwickshire.  In later census we found her and her sister in same street under married names.
I have a DNA match with a roger Collins and my cousin with celia collins and their Collins are in staffs in late 1700. One  kater being a Francis Collins birn 1823 in tetthall staffs
Could anybody help please
Kath

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Collins
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 March 18 07:15 BST (UK) »
I think this is something you will have to work on yourself.

If you all upload your results to Gedmatch, and compare, you might get somewhere. I don't fully understand your post, but what you appear to have at the moment is a tenuous link which is worth exploring and noting, but not in itself proof of anything.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go