Author Topic: James Augustus REYNOLDS new south wales  (Read 3529 times)

Offline bitzar

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Good things come to those who wait...
    • View Profile
Re: James Augustus REYNOLDS new south wales
« Reply #9 on: Friday 30 March 18 05:33 BST (UK) »
Hi all

Something, doesn't feel right here...

Neeky, have you found ANY marriage for James Augustus so we can see who HE says his parents are?

You say the birth you have for Dubbo 1887 is not him, how do you know this is not him?!

I found this on Trove.  I'm not sure if it's referring to the parents of James Augustus, born Dubbo 1887.

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/228330434?searchTerm=margaret%20reynolds%20dubbo&searchLimits=

Interesting so far.

bitzar.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Yes, It looks like the James A born in Dubbo 1887, then died at Dubbo in 1889 and the Trove article does relate to his parents because the mothers name at death is Margaret J.
ROBERTS / ROBERT / ROBERTSON (Paternal) - Dunbartonshire/Stirlingshire, Scotland
NEWEY - Leicestershire, England
FITZGERALD - Co. Cork - Ireland
HOWLETT - Suffolk, England
PHILMORE - Wiltshire, England
CHAPMAN - Cornwall - England
NICHOLLS - Cornwall - England
SHAW - Nottinghamshire, England
PRITCHARD - Salop, England
ROBERTS (Maternal) - Surrey, England

Offline neeky

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 30 March 18 06:11 BST (UK) »
Hi all

Something, doesn't feel right here...

Neeky, have you found ANY marriage for James Augustus so we can see who HE says his parents are?

You say the birth you have for Dubbo 1887 is not him, how do you know this is not him?!

I found this on Trove.  I'm not sure if it's referring to the parents of James Augustus, born Dubbo 1887.

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/228330434?searchTerm=margaret%20reynolds%20dubbo&searchLimits=

Interesting so far.

bitzar.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Yes, It looks like the James A born in Dubbo 1887, then died at Dubbo in 1889 and the Trove article does relate to his parents because the mothers name at death is Margaret J.

Haven't found a marriage for him at all which is odd. And the birth transcript I recieved were the same as the James Augustus that dies in 1889, but put his name as James Angus Reynolds. The same parents alao had a James b in 1889 but passed away the same year.

Offline bitzar

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 30 March 18 06:43 BST (UK) »
Neeky

I cant see a birth for another John in 1889.  There is a John B at Tamworth in 1889 also to a John and Margaret.  It seems the John A was born 1887 and died 1889.

So, the marriages that Essie found for James J REYNOLDS to Ellen E BRYANT in 1915, and James Augustus Breant REYNOLDS and Thelma Agnes SAUNDERS in 1943.... are these people your relations?!

It's possible James J REYNOLDS was born to George J REYNOLDS and Elizabeth at St.Leonards in 1892 and Ellen Elizabeth BRYANT was born at Redfern in 1892 to Albert BRYANT and Elizabeth.

A James John REYNOLDS died in 1982 aged 57 making him born about 1925.  His death states parents James John and Ellen Elizabeth, so most likely their son.  BUT, this leaves the marriage of James Augustus Breant REYNOLDS.  If he was also their son then why would they have 2 son's named James?!

bitzar.
ROBERTS / ROBERT / ROBERTSON (Paternal) - Dunbartonshire/Stirlingshire, Scotland

Offline neeky

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 30 March 18 06:48 BST (UK) »
Neeky

I cant see a birth for another John in 1889.  There is a John B at Tamworth in 1889 also to a John and Margaret.  It seems the John A was born 1887 and died 1889.

So, the marriages that Essie found for James J REYNOLDS to Ellen E BRYANT in 1915, and James Augustus Breant REYNOLDS and Thelma Agnes SAUNDERS in 1943.... are these people your relations?!

It's possible James J REYNOLDS was born to George J REYNOLDS and Elizabeth at St.Leonards in 1892 and Ellen Elizabeth BRYANT was born at Redfern in 1892 to Albert BRYANT and Elizabeth.

A James John REYNOLDS died in 1982 aged 57 making him born about 1925.  His death states parents James John and Ellen Elizabeth, so most likely their son.  BUT, this leaves the marriage of James Augustus Breant REYNOLDS.  If he was also their son then why would they have 2 son's named James?!

bitzar.

Margaret and john had another some James b in 1889 ans James a in 1887.

I've been looking for around 2 months now and it's just a brick wall, I can't even find a birth for James Augustus even though my transcript says he was born in Cowra.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 30 March 18 06:52 BST (UK) »
Looking at it from Cowra birth angle, only one fit:

2422/1878 REYNOLDS RIchard to FOGARTY Rosanna BATHURST

Children:

9482/1879 REYNOLDS  EDITH MAUD BATHURST

11747/1882 REYNOLDS GEORGE REGINALD WEST MACQUARIE

14148/1884 REYNOLDS  ALBERT N WEST MACQUARIE

12249/1895 REYNOLDS  SYDNEY H COWRA

18216/1887 REYNOLDS  ADA L  BLAYNEY

17590/1889 REYNOLDS  ARTHUR N COWRA

QLD deaths:

1928   C3627 Albert Norman Reynolds Richard Reynolds Rosannah Fogarty   

1928   C3407 Arthur Noah Reynolds Richard Reynolds Rosannah Fogarty   

1940   C2304 Richard Bert Reynolds Richard Rose Hannah Fogarty

1940   C1207 Rose Hannah Reynolds James Fogarty - Price

Parkes Court 1907: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article112325413

Jamjar

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline bitzar

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 30 March 18 06:57 BST (UK) »
Neeky

What I'm saying is that there seems to be 3 different John and Margaret REYNOLDS having children in NSW at the same time.  One family in Newcastle, one in Dubbo, and one in Tamworth.  John A belongs to the Dubbo family and John B belongs to the Tamworth family.

You also have to remember not to take his birthplace as totally accurate.  Remember he is not giving the info himself on his death cert, someone else is.

Something is NQR here, cant quite put my finger on it yet though.

bitzar.

Offline neeky

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 30 March 18 07:00 BST (UK) »
Neeky

What I'm saying is that there seems to be 3 different John and Margaret REYNOLDS having children in NSW at the same time.  One family in Newcastle, one in Dubbo, and one in Tamworth.  John A belongs to the Dubbo family and John B belongs to the Tamworth family.

You also have to remember not to take his birthplace as totally accurate.  Remember he is not giving the info himself on his death cert, someone else is.

Something is NQR here, cant quite put my finger on it yet though.

bitzar.

Thanks heaps,  I understand. We have new Zealand in us apparently, but that's dead ends too.
Nothing seems quite right about it all though. Haha

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 30 March 18 07:05 BST (UK) »
Well, can discount the Cowra lot as Sydney died in Cowra in 1895. I should have check deaths first. 
;)

Are there alternative spellings for Reynolds.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Essie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 30 March 18 07:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Neeky

Since marriage certificates cannot be located you may need to consider that Mary Ellen HARDY was not the mother of James REYNOLDS children, but that Edna May RIXON was the mother of at least SOME children?

1. It may be that Mary Ellen and Edna May were two different persons? 
2. If their names were 'fake' then perhaps they did not want to be traced if they had been in previous relationships.

Essie