Author Topic: HEATHFIELD baptism Waldron  (Read 380 times)

Offline Petros

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
HEATHFIELD baptism Waldron
« on: Saturday 31 March 18 15:54 BST (UK) »
I have been told that my 5x great grandmother Barabara Heathfield was baptised at Waldron 7 Sep 1783 but have no other details.

Is anyone able to ascertain her parents' names please?

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline omega 1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HEATHFIELD baptism Waldron
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 01 April 18 08:11 BST (UK) »
Hello Petros

On the SFHG the years for Waldron Baptisums 1780 to 1789 are missing  :'(

omega
Pembrokeshire
James,Gibby,David/Davies,Evan/s,Edward,Thomas,Griffith,Brown,Richards,Phillipps
Carmarthenshire
Thomas,Wilkin,James
Glamorganshire
James
Husbands side
Sussex,Mitchell,White,Hew/Hugh,Peter/s,Lower,Goring,Skinner,Cavey,Padgham,Brann,Graves,Hards,Easton,Moon,Gibb/s,Shepherd
Kent,Curties,Harris/Cleverly
Buckinhamshire
Shephard,Tuck,Philips

Scotland,Riddle

Todd,could be Old Windsor or somewhere I Lincolnshire,John Todd didn't seem to know

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: HEATHFIELD baptism Waldron
« Reply #2 on: Monday 02 April 18 12:33 BST (UK) »
There seem to be two couples in Waldron baptising children just before and just after this gap in the records: John & Elizabeth Heathfield and Henry & Sarah Heathfield.

Henry & Sarah married in Waldron in 1791, so they are unlikely to be Barbara's parents.

John Heathfield married Elizabeth Marchant 10 Jan 1780 at Waldron, so they are possibilities.

A John Heathfield died in 1845 aged 85 and appears to have left a will.  Unfortunately this John only names his son Thomas.  If Thomas was baptised in Waldron, he too is missing from the records.

Not a lot of help, I know, but something perhaps to follow up.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk