Author Topic: Family History Centre / FamilySearch library look-up request  (Read 1263 times)

Offline alexreg

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Family History Centre / FamilySearch library look-up request
« on: Sunday 01 April 18 19:19 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

I am trying to look up information on a certain Grazia Chiaramonte, born 27 Jun 1871 in Atripalda, Avellino, Italy. The only place the records seem to be available online is https://www.familysearch.org/search/film/007861000?cat=490255 – however, this is only accessible from a Family History Centre or Family Search affiliate library. I was wondering if someone who happens to be going to one of these centres/libraries (they exist all over the world, but I am not near to any) might be kind enough to look up this record and take a screenshot / note down the information for me. Knowledge of Italian isn't strictly necessary, just the ability to find this individual and take a screenshot or something similar. I would be very grateful if so!

Alex

P.S. I am aware she is a foundling, and this will probably be listed on her record, but I have also been told there might be more information there.

Offline JimGat

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Family History Centre / FamilySearch library look-up request
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 June 19 23:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Alex

You can search for Grazia on Antenati website
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Avellino/Stato+civile+italiano/Atripalda/Nati/1871/70/007861000_01031.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=0

I posted the url to locate the birth record.

Hope this helps you

Jim
Gathercole (Norfolk, Warwickshire, Nottingham, US)

Offline alexreg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 June 19 00:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Alex

You can search for Grazia on Antenati website
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Avellino/Stato+civile+italiano/Atripalda/Nati/1871/70/007861000_01031.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=0

I posted the url to locate the birth record.

Hope this helps you

Jim

Hi Jim. I'd completely forgotten about this post! Indeed, the Avellino records are now up on Antenati, so I managed to get a hold of that previously. Thanks for replying though, much appreciated. I've actually been doing a lot of genetic genealogy research the last several months, and I think I've finally manage to identify Grazia's biological parents, despite the lack of any documentation... tough work though!

Alex

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 22 June 19 00:33 BST (UK) »
...………………………………….. however, this is only accessible from a Family History Centre or Family Search affiliate library......……... Some months ago sending films to other libraries was stopped !!!!!!

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline goldie61

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 22 June 19 08:12 BST (UK) »
...………………………………….. however, this is only accessible from a Family History Centre or Family Search affiliate library......……... Some months ago sending films to other libraries was stopped !!!!!!

I don't think the poster is asking for the film to be requested and sent for - as we know, this was stopped some time ago.
The poster says in their post that the record they are looking for is 'on-line'. And they would be happy to have a screen shot of the image they want.
Presumably they mean this particular film is one that has been digitised, and is available to view on-line - but one of those you can only view at an LDS library.

So you still need this alexreg? Or has JimGAt found the same thing?
It sounds as if you have found out a lot without it!
Lane, Burgess: Cheshire. Finney, Rogers, Gilman:Derbys
Cochran, Nicol, Paton, Bruce:Scotland. Bertolle:London
Bainbridge, Christman, Jeffs: Staffs

Offline alexreg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 22 June 19 14:31 BST (UK) »
Already found it, per above comment, but thank you.