Author Topic: William l Stevenson US Army 23rd Infantry Reg,2nd Infantry Division Killed Korea  (Read 590 times)

Offline kentishkiwi

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi all

I have quite a lot of information on this relative and I know most of the medals he was awarded but I am trying to identify the ribbons on his uniform in the attached photo. Date taken is unknown. William enlisted as a regular in 1946 and died of his wounds 9th September 1950. I have the list of medals from the Korean War Veterans Memorial Honor Roll and these include - Purple Heart, National Defense medal, Korean service medal, United Nations Service Medal, Republic of Korea War Service medal, Combat Infantryman Badge. Also the Republic of Korea Presidential Unit citation.
I am presuming this photo would have be taken before Korea so my hunch is the ribbons don't really relate to Korea. I have looked at the many websites about ribbons and badges but can't seem to identify anything.
Any thoughts from anybody would be good.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William l Stevenson US Army 23rd Infantry Reg,2nd Infantry Division Killed Korea
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 April 18 23:54 BST (UK) »
Raising this one as it appears to have been overlooked.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU