Author Topic: missing marriage record for David Henderson and Katherine Christian  (Read 1673 times)

Offline Rosezi

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
missing marriage record for David Henderson and Katherine Christian
« on: Monday 02 April 18 19:14 BST (UK) »
Searching for a marriage record for  Katherine Christian born 1770 in Watten and David Henderson born 1750 in Bower. The only marriage record I can find is for 1776 in Bower, but Katherine was still a child, so this cannot be the correct marriage record. I am pretty sure I have the correct couple though as there is no other Kathrine Christians or David Hendersons who got wed  in Caithness area.

I have found 3 of their children's baptisms, Margaret, born 1786 (according to her death record of 1885), James born 1785 in Bower and David Henderson born 1793 in Bower. There is obviously a 9 year gap before any children are born and a 8 year gap between James and David. It's obvious something is not right, can I call on some expertise and help me solve this puzzle?
Banks - Wick, Caithness
Dunbar - Co Antrim-Birkenhead-Liverpool
Kemp - Woodnesborough,Kent-Liverpool
Long - Ireland-Liverpool
Clarke - Ireland-Liverpool
Weldon - Dublin-Birkenhead
Thomas - LLandysilio,Anglesey-Liverpool
Roberts -Denbighshire-Liverpool
Spain-Woodnesborough, Kent
Seed - Ballyculter, Co. Down
Graham-Ayrshire-Ballyculter-Liverpool

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: missing marriage record for David Henderson and Katherine Christian
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 April 18 10:30 BST (UK) »
DAVID HENDERSON & K/CATHERINE. CHRISTIAN –Bower   

Whilst it would be legal for Katherine to marry at 15, it does not explain the 15 year gap. It could just be that the record did not survive, or the records between did not survive. I did find James 1785 & David 1793 but no Margaret. Plus there were two burials in Bower on SP – Sicilia 1792 & John 1794, would need to see records.

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline Rosezi

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: missing marriage record for David Henderson and Katherine Christian
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 April 18 18:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks, I found there was a sibling called Margaret by accident on 1871 census she was living with her nephew Wlm Henderson, and her death record confirmed her parents were David Henderson and Catherine Christian, I think the marriage record for her parents is missing, and the one I did find is another David Henderson and Catherine Christain
Banks - Wick, Caithness
Dunbar - Co Antrim-Birkenhead-Liverpool
Kemp - Woodnesborough,Kent-Liverpool
Long - Ireland-Liverpool
Clarke - Ireland-Liverpool
Weldon - Dublin-Birkenhead
Thomas - LLandysilio,Anglesey-Liverpool
Roberts -Denbighshire-Liverpool
Spain-Woodnesborough, Kent
Seed - Ballyculter, Co. Down
Graham-Ayrshire-Ballyculter-Liverpool