Author Topic: Esther Fulton of Port Glasgow area died circa 1965  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Graser5

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Esther Fulton of Port Glasgow area died circa 1965
« on: Tuesday 03 April 18 21:35 BST (UK) »
Looking for a "gone missing" - one Esther Jones Fulton b. about 1938 Port Glasgow area, reputed to have died Largs about 1965.  Does anyone have access to newspapers or other death record resources who could do a quick check, if so, any primary source info would be appreciated.
Graser Meidel Reinig Stoehr Waldbock Stadler
Stroh Bach Tyler Marriott Tilley Spence Smith Fudge Gilbert Taylor Winsor Zeitz Fueller Schenk Weigand Haupt
McKay Sweeney Gibney O'Shea Jamieson McAlinden Miskell Casey McMichael (Carmichael) Smith McMurray Devlin

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Esther Fulton of Port Glasgow area died circa 1965
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 April 18 22:03 BST (UK) »
Did she marry in 1962, Port Glasgow.  I don't want to give the name in case the spouse is still alive.

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Graser5

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 April 18 22:10 BST (UK) »
I have no other info, may very well have married.  I do have parents names John Fulton and wife Martha Sweeney but that's about it.
Graser Meidel Reinig Stoehr Waldbock Stadler
Stroh Bach Tyler Marriott Tilley Spence Smith Fudge Gilbert Taylor Winsor Zeitz Fueller Schenk Weigand Haupt
McKay Sweeney Gibney O'Shea Jamieson McAlinden Miskell Casey McMichael (Carmichael) Smith McMurray Devlin

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 03 April 18 22:16 BST (UK) »
How  certain are you that she died circa 1965 in Scotland?
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 03 April 18 22:25 BST (UK) »
Just found that her husband died 2012, Inverclyde, aged 76.

Added - name provided via PM.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 04 April 18 09:54 BST (UK) »
The tree you mentioned in the PM has her dying Nov 1965, Largs and also a corruption of her husband's name but no dates for the marriage. so far, I can find no deaths for her in Largs or elsewhere in Scotland or minor records with any of the names that might have been used. Nor can I find any newspaper reports. Checking any births to the couple is taking while as there are 3 different surnames, with variations, to check.

I think it might be worth you contacting the tree owner to ask where the information came from. I see that she is there as the sister in law  of one of the ancestors. 

She was definitely born in the year you mention and she married in 1962. 

Alternatively, there might be a newspaper report of her husband's death in 2012 so, if anyone would be able to check newspapers covering Inverclyde  for that year, please contact me and I'll give the details.

Gadget

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 04 April 18 10:16 BST (UK) »
I've just been given some info and have now found links for a possible murder case.

Have PMed  links to Daily Record and Scottish Sun

Offline sarahabel1

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 30 April 19 05:37 BST (UK) »
Hello, Esther is my great aunt. Please PM me, I would like to know if you have family tree info as well as if you have found any other information about her. She went missing in 1965 and is presumed dead. We are searching for information as well.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 30 April 19 21:05 BST (UK) »
For those searching - you won't find anything in statutory records - Esther Mersy vanished early November 1965 after leaving her mothers in Port Glasgow to fetch milk and potatoes.   Two days later her handbag and coat were found in bus shelter at Largs.   At the time police apparently believed she'd simply walked into the sea but her family believe she was murdered.   An article appeared in the Daily Record on 28 Dec.2008 - some 43 years later - when family were interviewed again as previous records apparently 'lost'!

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk