Author Topic: Catherine Ferns Ryan, emigrated 1929 to Quebec, then on to New York .. cant find  (Read 3939 times)

Offline kathy-9

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine Ferns Ryan, emigrated 1929 to Quebec, then on to New York .. cant find
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 22 April 18 11:16 BST (UK) »
Blimey what a wonderful gift for a rainy Scottish Sunday!! He there Sue there is a message on Ancestry from me from last week!!  Arent the guys on this page WONDERFUL,! Never would have done itwithout my new friend Tree Spirit and the others!
And for Sandra and Shelley Maggsie ! A great big

WOW!!!

Offline kathy-9

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine Ferns Ryan, emigrated 1929 to Quebec, then on to New York .. cant find
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 22 April 18 11:57 BST (UK) »
MAGGSIE
If you pick up on this I may be able to help you with Alexander Kerr McMaster.
I was going through some posts relating to Catherine Ryan and you popped up, I know you helped me in the beginning with Catherine, cant trace you now though.

Offline kathy-9

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Hi Sue,
It was lovely to read your post about Wallace McMillan married to Catherine Ryan, my great aunt. Sad to hear of her untimely death also. I have pm-ed you but you haven’t picked it up.

I would love to have a picture of Catherine’s sons or grandchildren but I don’t know how to go about tracing them. Can you help?

I think Wallace looked like a lovely person, and I am not surprised Catherine fell for him. Here is a lovely thought for you. Catherine was Scottish and came from near Stirling, where the Wallace Monument is built, high on a hill. William Wallace was a defender of Scotland and a great hero for us.
Catherine lived practically directlyunder the Wallace Monument. It was central in her life.  How wonderful she found someone in a foreign country who she could relate to, a little piece of home in a strange place?
I would love to catch up with you Sue! I hope you pick up on this message! Best regards Kathy