Author Topic: Croydon Workhouse  (Read 433 times)

Offline Lady Mary

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Croydon Workhouse
« on: Thursday 05 April 18 00:26 BST (UK) »
I have a death certificate for Robert Pratt who died January 1864 in the Croydon Workhouse Infirmary, and would like to know a little bit more about the his time in the workhouse, or was he admitted only to the infirmary for care. Are there any records I can search, I have tried both Ancestry and Findmypast but the Croydon workhouse does not feature in these collections.
Many thanks
Mary
Greany/Greaney, Galway Ire; Scully Ire.; Menzies Torryburn, Sct.;  Martin, Hendon Middlesex Eng.; Mercer Kent Eng.; Free, Horseheath Cambs. Eng.; Nielsen, Vordinborg, Denmark.; Nielsen/Pedersen, Moen Denmark

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Croydon Workhouse
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 April 18 00:48 BST (UK) »
Surviving records are deposited at Croydon Local Studies

http://www.workhouses.org.uk/Croydon/
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.