Author Topic: Happy 'Plan Your Epitaph Day!'  (Read 2942 times)

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy 'Plan Your Epitaph Day!'
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 08 April 18 01:44 BST (UK) »
I'm going to have my "funeral" before I am spirited away!  Why? Simple! Because I want to hear all the lovely things my family and friends are going to say about me, the things we did together, the good times, and how things were for them! Even the littlies.  I want lots of music, and singing, I've picked that all already and got the CD's ready to go. I will be cremated, my son will make my casket (I hope so, but he doesn't know that yet 😜).

As the curtains close, my very favourite song will be played, it's "On The Wings Of An Eagle", sung by the Scottish singer, Moira Kerr!  I think it's beautiful and will be quite appropriate for my funeral!

I've actually played that CD so often, and just in case it's worn out by then (like me 😜) I have made a copy of it for the big occasion. 

Have a listen to it here!
https://youtu.be/bs8O0sBUaj0

"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections

Offline Jed59

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 08 April 18 02:30 BST (UK) »
Don’t know about an epitaph....a part from “ I told you I wasn’t so well”.... but I’m going to leave a note for the vicar to read...”If there’s anybody there, thank you for coming.Excuse me if I don’t get up. I’ll have the kettle on!”

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 08 April 18 04:54 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D ;D
"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
WALKER,   Scotland
& Connections

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 08 April 18 08:52 BST (UK) »
Jaybeinz,what a good idea,having  the funeral before.
Then I`ll know who to cut out of my will!  ;D

Viktoria.

Offline Flattybasher9

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Manners cost nothing, and are worth the effort.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 08 April 18 08:58 BST (UK) »
He fed the birds
With loads of seed
But now no more
Because hee's deed.

Malky

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 08 April 18 13:08 BST (UK) »
There have been some great posts on this thread - I have enjoyed reading all of these. :D

Is that going to be your epitaph, Malky? ;D

Jaybelnz I think you may start a trend with the funeral before you go idea. Perhaps this might be the next thing we will see promoted on TV by funeral companies!  Can you imagine the adverts! ;D

It brought a tear to my eye when I read of your Grandaughter telling her Nan to wake up at her funeral.  Mind you, I thought the Minister's explanation about a funeral being a bit like being at a bus stop was 👍great.

When I go one thing I am looking forward to is meeting up with with my ancestors and getting answers from them such as - where did you disappear to after the 1881 census?  Who exactly was my Great Grandfather? - and countless other quesions.   ;D
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 08 April 18 23:53 BST (UK) »
Jaybeinz,what a good idea,having  the funeral before.
Then I`ll know who to cut out of my will!  ;D

Viktoria.

;D ;D -    😜 Oooh Viktoria - I didn't think of that👍👍 Nor did I think about starting up a new business.  Wow! What an opportunity, maybe I should consider that seriously!  Not too much for me to do at a "before funeral" party,  perhaps just organising premises, sound system and video and catering, then let them do their own thing, and charge them an arm and a leg  ???  >:( ;D ;D
 If it takes off, maybe I'll set up franchises all over the country!

Mmmm ...  Food for thought

FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
WALKER,   Scotland
& Connections