Author Topic: Unable to find death of my 2 x G. Aunt Dorothy Henzell  (Read 1686 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to find death of my 2 x G. Aunt Dorothy Henzell
« Reply #9 on: Friday 06 April 18 16:23 BST (UK) »
No, Sorry Gadget.  This was entirely due to my error.  I was in a  rush for an appointment at the point when I read the post and read the year incorrectly. ::) :-[
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline StanleysChesterton

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My G-grandmother on right, 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 06 April 18 20:12 BST (UK) »
There is a short death notice that might be her but I can't access it.

Mrs Dorothy Henzell the 26th ult
In the Newcastle Courant, 4 July 1835

26th ult means 26th of last month, so 26th June.

Somebody with the National Papers, or a World Subscription to FindMyPast would be able to view it.
Related to: Lots of people!
:)
Mostly Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire, some Kent and Dorset.

Elizabeth Long/Elizabeth Wilson/Elizabeth Long Wilson, b 1889 Caxton - where are you?
- -
Seeking: death year/location of Albert Edward Morgan, born Cambridge 1885/86 to Hannah & Edward Morgan of 33 Cambridge Place.
WW1 soldier, service number 8624, 2nd battalion, Highland Light Infantry.

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 06 April 18 21:35 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Newcastle Courant, 4th July 1835, Page 4.

Died

The 23rd Ult, at Coronation Street, aged 49, Mrs Dorothy Henzell.

That I'm afraid is literally all there is, just the one line.

The Fowler Street Address was for the person listed after Dorothy, an eight year old girl.

Hope this helps anyway.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 06 April 18 22:01 BST (UK) »
Fits with Reply #3, David, burial 2 days later  :-\
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 07 April 18 00:44 BST (UK) »
Not sure about this one:

Durham Chronicle 26 June 1835
22d inst, in Church Lane, Mrs Henzell, aged  50

More or less the same but....
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline PaulThommo

• RootsChat Senior
  • Steady Aim
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 07 April 18 01:10 BST (UK) »
If you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks or so I will look in the newspapers at South Shields library for a death notice - this will likely record where she is buried.  Then I should be able to find the cemetery and plot for you.

Best Wishes :)

Amendment:  Sorry I jumpted in too quick I thought the burial said 1935.  Ooops!

Thanks River Tyne Lass for the offer, I will be in the area on holiday in a couple of months time and will continue my research  for ancestor details as they all came from South Shields/Westoe area. I'm from N'cle and have never been to S Shields as many times until I started researching them!!!!!!! Paul
Thompson - Stokesley, Great Ayton, Little Ayton &  Easby Nth Yorkshire. Westoe, South Shields, Gateshead
Dobson - Westoe & South Shields
Jefferson - South Shields
Rippon - Jarrow & South Shields
Purves & Harvey - South Shields

Offline PaulThommo

• RootsChat Senior
  • Steady Aim
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 07 April 18 02:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks to all for their valuable assistance in fitting in another piece of the (constant) jigsaw.
Gadget, maybe an 'incident' happened in Church Lane on the 22nd and she died a day later at her home? in Coronation St. (which was full of houses in those days). I thought that Church Lane might be beside St Hilda's church which is very close to Coronation St. but my map shows it as St Hilda's Lane, will look further to find Church Lane.
It seems strange that 2 newspapers made note of the death so maybe something out of the ordinary did happen.
Many thanks, Paul
Thompson - Stokesley, Great Ayton, Little Ayton &  Easby Nth Yorkshire. Westoe, South Shields, Gateshead
Dobson - Westoe & South Shields
Jefferson - South Shields
Rippon - Jarrow & South Shields
Purves & Harvey - South Shields