Author Topic: lost track of GT/GT Grandfather's.  (Read 2399 times)

Offline stevej60

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: lost track of GT/GT Grandfather's.
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 21 April 18 11:00 BST (UK) »
Many thank's very interesting I'll have to check my work dates,just an update as a result of your
information I popped an e-mail to their heritage group and Steve from the group confirmed Robert's
burial and location,he's buried with his son in law and the address makes it 100% confirmed,Steve
then sent a photo of the family grave although Robert is not mentioned on the stone at least we now
know where he is so only John Smith now missing from my four 2xGt Grandfather's
again many thank's Steve.
Bland(Chester-le-street) Round(Dudley/Durham)Kirton(Gateshead)
Smith(Gateshead)Littleton(Sacriston)
Wayman(Cambs&Newcastle)Green(Lincs)Smith(bucks)
Watson(Gilling west & Gateshead)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: lost track of GT/GT Grandfather's.
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 21 April 18 11:22 BST (UK) »
This is kind of you to let me know that Robert's burial and location has been confirmed 100%.  How wonderful that you now have a photo of the grave too! 

I have a similar situation with one of my ancestors who is buried in South Shields - two have their names on the gravestone but my research found that there are actually five of the family in the grave!

It probably will be a bit difficult for some people to attend this Open Day with it being on a week day, making it more difficult for some working people.

This Church's web page looks as though they have a lot of interesting things going on!

Thanks for the update, Steve, and best wishes for the challenge of finding John Smith. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner